- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
override box doesn't work
12 years 1 month ago #167032
by BenoitADC
override box doesn't work was created by BenoitADC
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.stopdierproeven.org/adc/adc-webshop/checkout
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : latest
Hi,
I have installed the dutch language pack, works perfectly.
Any modification to the dutch language doesn't show in my website.
I just paste a line in the override box as described in the documentation:
For example:
;checkout
NEXT="Afrekenen"
or just like this:
NEXT="Afrekenen"
Both lines don't work. Any other modification doesn"t work.
I put on the joomla language debug mode but I don't see the issue.
Anything that can help?
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : latest
Hi,
I have installed the dutch language pack, works perfectly.
Any modification to the dutch language doesn't show in my website.
I just paste a line in the override box as described in the documentation:
For example:
;checkout
NEXT="Afrekenen"
or just like this:
NEXT="Afrekenen"
Both lines don't work. Any other modification doesn"t work.
I put on the joomla language debug mode but I don't see the issue.
Anything that can help?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #167049
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic override box doesn't work
Hi,
Do you see your text in the override box after you save ? If not, then it probably means that your website doesn't the right to save the override file your language folder. So it's a permission issue. Or maybe a security component which refuses the request because it's too long.
If yes, then it's probably an error in the override language file and you should see debug data at the bottom of the pages of the website after you turn on the debug options of the Joomla configuration explaining where is the problem.
Note that this screen is compatible with the override system of Joomla:
www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/joom...ew-language-override
So you can also try to do it via Joomla's interface. Maybe you'll have more success from there.
Do you see your text in the override box after you save ? If not, then it probably means that your website doesn't the right to save the override file your language folder. So it's a permission issue. Or maybe a security component which refuses the request because it's too long.
If yes, then it's probably an error in the override language file and you should see debug data at the bottom of the pages of the website after you turn on the debug options of the Joomla configuration explaining where is the problem.
Note that this screen is compatible with the override system of Joomla:
www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/joom...ew-language-override
So you can also try to do it via Joomla's interface. Maybe you'll have more success from there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168321
by BenoitADC
Replied by BenoitADC on topic override box doesn't work
I see text in the override box so it must be a language problem.
I have turned on the Joomla language debug options and it showed me these errors:
JROOT/language/nl-NL/nl-NL.com_hikashop.ini : fout(en) op regel(s) 2111, 2113
When I look in the dutch .ini file I see this:
2111 COM_USERS_EMAIL_REGISTERED_NOTIFICATION_TO_ADMIN_BODY="Hello beheerder,
2113 Een nieuwe gebruiker '%s', gebruikersnaam '%s', heeft zich geregistreerd op %s."
I still don't know what that has to do with the override box that's not working?
I have turned on the Joomla language debug options and it showed me these errors:
JROOT/language/nl-NL/nl-NL.com_hikashop.ini : fout(en) op regel(s) 2111, 2113
When I look in the dutch .ini file I see this:
2111 COM_USERS_EMAIL_REGISTERED_NOTIFICATION_TO_ADMIN_BODY="Hello beheerder,
2113 Een nieuwe gebruiker '%s', gebruikersnaam '%s', heeft zich geregistreerd op %s."
I still don't know what that has to do with the override box that's not working?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168326
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic override box doesn't work
Hi,
Thanks to replace these entries by:
Thanks to replace these entries by:
COM_USERS_EMAIL_REGISTERED_NOTIFICATION_TO_ADMIN_BODY="Hello beheerder, Een nieuwe gebruiker '%s', \r\n\r\n gebruikersnaam '%s', heeft zich geregistreerd op %s."
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #168497
by BenoitADC
Replied by BenoitADC on topic override box doesn't work
Thanks,
I replaced the lines with the ones you gave me and the errors have disappeared now.
I tried some changes in the override box and they work.
There is one 'next' button in the bottom of the checkout page that doesn't seem to respond.
NEXT="Volgende"
Why doesn't this work on this one?
I replaced the lines with the ones you gave me and the errors have disappeared now.
I tried some changes in the override box and they work.
There is one 'next' button in the bottom of the checkout page that doesn't seem to respond.
NEXT="Volgende"
Why doesn't this work on this one?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by BenoitADC.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168528
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic override box doesn't work
Hi,
Do you have any other error in your language file ?
Maybe you have another component/plugin which also create a language translation for "NEXT".
At this moment the best will be to edit the HiakShop view "front-end | your_frontend_template | checkout | step" and replace the references (two times) of
By
To have a new translation key (more "unique") and add the new translation key in your override language file.
Regards,
Do you have any other error in your language file ?
Maybe you have another component/plugin which also create a language translation for "NEXT".
At this moment the best will be to edit the HiakShop view "front-end | your_frontend_template | checkout | step" and replace the references (two times) of
Code:
JText::_('NEXT')
Code:
JText::_('HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_NEXT')
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #168823
by BenoitADC
Replied by BenoitADC on topic override box doesn't work
Hi,
I have edited the file components>com_hikashop>views>checkout>tmpl>step.php
and changed lines 175-177 to:
$checkout_next_button = JText::_('HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_NEXT');
} else
$checkout_next_button = JText::_('HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_NEXT');
Next I added HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_NEXT="Afrekenen" in the overwrite box.
Nothing changed...
(No more errors showing now)
I have edited the file components>com_hikashop>views>checkout>tmpl>step.php
and changed lines 175-177 to:
$checkout_next_button = JText::_('HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_NEXT');
} else
$checkout_next_button = JText::_('HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_NEXT');
Next I added HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_NEXT="Afrekenen" in the overwrite box.
Nothing changed...
(No more errors showing now)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by BenoitADC.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #168825
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic override box doesn't work
Hi,
For the changes, thanks to use our interface or do the changes in the template folder in order to have overrides.
If there was already an override, so no, your changes are not taken into account.
For the changes, thanks to use our interface or do the changes in the template folder in order to have overrides.
If there was already an override, so no, your changes are not taken into account.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds