- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
Translation custom field values with FaLang
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #191154
by Joris
Translation custom field values with FaLang was created by Joris
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
Isn´t it possible to translate the values of my custom fields?
With FaLang I can translate the names of the fields, luckily. But I cannot find a way to translate the content.
If it is possible, please let me know how to handle.
If it is not possible, has no one made a plugin to do this trick? Or has anyone tried to arrange this directly in the datbase table 'xxx_falang_content' ?
TIA
Regards,
Joris
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
Isn´t it possible to translate the values of my custom fields?
With FaLang I can translate the names of the fields, luckily. But I cannot find a way to translate the content.
If it is possible, please let me know how to handle.
If it is not possible, has no one made a plugin to do this trick? Or has anyone tried to arrange this directly in the datbase table 'xxx_falang_content' ?
TIA
Regards,
Joris
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Joris.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191190
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Translation custom field values with FaLang
Hi,
How is configured your custom field ?
Can you provide a screenshot of its options ?
I invite you to look at the "Title" custom field which is pre installed by default and already translated in the different languages by simply using the translation file of HikaShop. So that would be a solution.
How is configured your custom field ?
Can you provide a screenshot of its options ?
I invite you to look at the "Title" custom field which is pre installed by default and already translated in the different languages by simply using the translation file of HikaShop. So that would be a solution.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191295
by Joris
Replied by Joris on topic Translation custom field values with FaLang
Here is a screenshot of a custom field config.
I can translate the label 'Bezetting' ('Scoring'), but not the value I fill in when adding a product.
For products I can translate the title, description, meta info etc., but no custom field info, so far I see now.
In the meanwhile I will make a study of your Title config and translation possibilities.
Thanks.
Joris
I can translate the label 'Bezetting' ('Scoring'), but not the value I fill in when adding a product.
For products I can translate the title, description, meta info etc., but no custom field info, so far I see now.
In the meanwhile I will make a study of your Title config and translation possibilities.
Thanks.
Joris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191609
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Translation custom field values with FaLang
Hi,
In that case you can enter a translation key in your custom field in each product and enter these keys in each one of your translation files override area in order to have different text for each language.
You won't be able to do it via the translation popup as it doesn't handle custom fields.
In that case you can enter a translation key in your custom field in each product and enter these keys in each one of your translation files override area in order to have different text for each language.
You won't be able to do it via the translation popup as it doesn't handle custom fields.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191764
by Joris
Replied by Joris on topic Translation custom field values with FaLang
Thanks Nicolas.
Do I understand this correctly? In the product config, at the custom field, I have to fill in a capital string, a 'constant' key, and then in the Joomla language override sytem I can make my translations?
That is nearly impossible for 700 products with 3 custom fields.
In that case I like to repeat my question from the first message in this thread:
Has no one made a FaLang plugin to do this trick?
Best regards,
Joris
Do I understand this correctly? In the product config, at the custom field, I have to fill in a capital string, a 'constant' key, and then in the Joomla language override sytem I can make my translations?
That is nearly impossible for 700 products with 3 custom fields.
In that case I like to repeat my question from the first message in this thread:
Has no one made a FaLang plugin to do this trick?
Best regards,
Joris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191770
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Translation custom field values with FaLang
Hi,
That's indeed correct.
I don't know of such plugin.
I'm just trying to give you a solution, even if it's not the best, it is better than nothing for what you want to do.
That's indeed correct.
I don't know of such plugin.
I'm just trying to give you a solution, even if it's not the best, it is better than nothing for what you want to do.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193820
by Joris
Replied by Joris on topic Translation custom field values with FaLang
I know. Thanks for that.
I just wanted to be sure and was hoping someone ever made a plugin for this one.
May be I can better try to write my first plugin now.
Best regards,
Joris
I just wanted to be sure and was hoping someone ever made a plugin for this one.
May be I can better try to write my first plugin now.
Best regards,
Joris
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194244
by LIP Trade
Replied by LIP Trade on topic Translation custom field values with FaLang
Hi Nicolas, can you tell/explain me how to enter a translation key in my custom field in each product and enter these keys in each one of my translation ?
Because, we haw the same problem with multilanguage, we use
Joomla 3.4.0
Hikashop 2.4.0 and
Falang 1.4.2
Because, we haw the same problem with multilanguage, we use
Joomla 3.4.0
Hikashop 2.4.0 and
Falang 1.4.2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194357
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Translation custom field values with FaLang
Hi,
For example, in the field of your product (that you find at the bottom of the page when you edit a product), you can enter this:
MY_TRANSLATION
Then, go in the Languages tab of the HikaShop configuration and edit your translation file. At the bottom of the popup, there is an override textarea where you can enter that:
MY_TRANSLATION="My text in my language"
The text of the translation key will then be displayed on the product page instead of the translation key itself.
For example, in the field of your product (that you find at the bottom of the page when you edit a product), you can enter this:
MY_TRANSLATION
Then, go in the Languages tab of the HikaShop configuration and edit your translation file. At the bottom of the popup, there is an override textarea where you can enter that:
MY_TRANSLATION="My text in my language"
The text of the translation key will then be displayed on the product page instead of the translation key itself.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds