- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Collect on delivery translation
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #195088
by azhpo
Collect on delivery translation was created by azhpo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
Hello,
I have a multi language website (3 languages available: fr, de, it) and I have only one payment method - Collect on delivery. I wanted this method and its description to be translated in those languages, either manually or automatically. I'd prefer automatically. The whole shop is automatically translated. How can I be able to translate this too?
EDIT: I can't use Falang. Any other solution would be appreciated.
Best regards.
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
Hello,
I have a multi language website (3 languages available: fr, de, it) and I have only one payment method - Collect on delivery. I wanted this method and its description to be translated in those languages, either manually or automatically. I'd prefer automatically. The whole shop is automatically translated. How can I be able to translate this too?
EDIT: I can't use Falang. Any other solution would be appreciated.
Best regards.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by azhpo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195122
by azhpo
Replied by azhpo on topic Collect on delivery translation
If there is no option available to automatically translate, how can I override it?
In tab Languages, selected the language file and tried:
But doesn't work.
In tab Languages, selected the language file and tried:
Code:
hikashop_checkout_payment_name="Override text"
But doesn't work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195135
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Collect on delivery translation
The namekeys you want to look for are these (from the original en-GB.com_hikashop.ini file):
Hint: It pays when opening the original language file with a decent editor which is offering a good search tool.
Code:
COLLECT_ON_DELIVERY="Collect On Delivery"
AMOUNT_COLLECTED_ON_DELIVERY="The amount of %s will be collected upon delivery of your order (%s)"
Hint: It pays when opening the original language file with a decent editor which is offering a good search tool.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195144
by azhpo
Replied by azhpo on topic Collect on delivery translation
Hello,
Thank you for your answer, but it seems not to change anything.
This is what I want to change (from english to french):
When I search for this text "You can pay when your package ..." in the en-GB file it doesn't find anything, so this text is not coming from this files. And when I search for "COLLECT_ON_DELIVERY", in the FR-fr file, it looks it is already translated.
So my guess is that isn't the correct namekey and/or I think this text is not coming from this files.
How can I change it?
Best regards.
Thank you for your answer, but it seems not to change anything.
This is what I want to change (from english to french):
When I search for this text "You can pay when your package ..." in the en-GB file it doesn't find anything, so this text is not coming from this files. And when I search for "COLLECT_ON_DELIVERY", in the FR-fr file, it looks it is already translated.
So my guess is that isn't the correct namekey and/or I think this text is not coming from this files.
How can I change it?
Best regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #195146
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Collect on delivery translation
Re. "You can pay when...", go into the payment method and check the description text there.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #195147
by azhpo
Replied by azhpo on topic Collect on delivery translation
I know I can edit there, I saw it already. As I said before, my website supports 3 different languages, so I know I can edit this description with PHP, but what about the title ("Collect on delivery")? I can't write PHP there.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by azhpo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #195626
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Collect on delivery translation
Hi,
Normally, that would be done with Falang.
You can't do it with translation overrides.
One possibility would be to do it with code modifications in all the views where the payment is displayed, but that would be a lot of work and you need to be a developer for that.
An easier solution would be to use this extension:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/easy-language
You would have such tags in the payment name and payment description and it would allow you to easily translate them.
Normally, that would be done with Falang.
You can't do it with translation overrides.
One possibility would be to do it with code modifications in all the views where the payment is displayed, but that would be a lot of work and you need to be a developer for that.
An easier solution would be to use this extension:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/easy-language
You would have such tags in the payment name and payment description and it would allow you to easily translate them.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds