- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 0
How to use a coupon in different condition ?
-- HikaSerial version -- : 1.9.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : How to use coupon in different conditions?
I gave customers a coupon when he bought products > 6 pieces, but i want he can use the coupon next time no matter how much pieces he buy the next time. But what the coupon generator generated a coupon with the same amount set in the original template ( > 6 pieces), so the customer can not use the coupon when he buy 1 piece next time. How to resolve this ? Because it is quite practical problem. We usually did not restrict the customers about the amount they buy to use a coupon which we gave them previously.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm not sure I see the link with HikaSerial.
The coupons are HikaShop related and the coupon generator in HikaSerial generate an HikaShop coupon code when creating a serial.
Can you please provide more details about the context and maybe some screenshots in order to help us to understand your current situation and what you want to achieve ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It can be understood very easily: the coupon with serial number created by Hikaserial is a complete same copy of the coupon template created by Hikashop (the gift certificate function). If the coupon template has a restriction of minimal order number of orders greater than 6 pieces, then the coupon created by Hikaserial also have such restriction. But that is not what i wanted. Because i want coupon user can use the coupon without any restriction next time ( this is also the usual trade condition we need).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I suppose it's a stupid question but why your coupon template have such restriction configured ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So why are you putting a restriction in the coupon ?
The restriction is for the context where you can use the coupon, not how you can "get" it.
If you want more details about the HikaShop coupon, I recommend you to create a new thread in the HikaShop forum section because right now I don't see the link with HikaSerial.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2. If there is no function to achieve that in Hikaserial, then please tell me how to make the minimum number of products to fix to 0 or 1 when creating coupon with specific serial numbers from Hikaserial ( if the number in coupon template is , for example , 6 or 8 )? please see the attached files. I tried to hack the core file coupongen.php, but i can not find the code which created the new coupons. Please tell me how to do that manually.
3. I need this function badly because this is the very common way we do our business.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm sorry but that's not the goal of the plugin to be able to change everything in the coupons.
HikaSerial is duplicated the coupon template when using the "coupon generator".
So you have to remove the restriction on the coupon which is used as template if you don't want the restriction on the duplicated coupons.
If you want coupons with different restrictions, you have to create several coupon template and several packs for your different products.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I found another plug-in named :"serial by order". This is very close to what i said. Actually this plug-in made it possible that a coupon will be sent to the customer when an order is created without binding any packs to any products. But unfortunately, there are no any fields for restriction such as minimal product numbers, or minimal order price , etc.
So if you are sure that you can not reach what i wanted "order-restricted" coupons, please tell me how to modify the "serial by order" plug-in to let me can make some restriction to orders. I think that is the most simple thing you can do for me.
Please evaluate my demand more meticulously and harder because this is the first time i shift to Hikashop related products and rumor said that it is perfect ......
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So can you please explain me your concept.
Because I still don't get it so I still can't provide you any other solution that I have already do.
It's not that I don't want to help you or update the system ; I don't understand what you are trying to do, I don't understand your organisation and I don't understand why you can't use the organisation I propose you.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. give a customer a NT$300 personal coupon (only for him with one serial to his email) if he bought products > 6 pieces.
2. give a customer a NT$500 personal coupon (only for him with one serial to his email) if he bought products > 8 pieces.
etc.....
no matter what kind of products he bought. coupons will be given according to the total pieces in one order.
quite simple concept, right ?
But i found no way to do that in your software.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm sorry but I still don't get it.
I don't know what is "products > 6 pieces" or "products > 8 pieces".
But I could understand "if he bought more than 6 products".. But it does not seem to be the case, so I don't understand what it is exactly.
And I still don't understand why you want to override the restriction of the coupon because you're talking about different coupons.
So you do not need to override one coupon, you need different coupon generator with different coupon templates.
There is no available plugin to do so in HikaSerial but thanks to the feature "serial per order" (like you mentioned before) you can implement your specific algorithm using a custom plugin.
The plugin, regarding your specific rules, will assign a pack to the order ; depending the pack the coupon generator will create the corresponding wanted coupon (using the right coupon template).
If you can explain me clearly what you want to achieve, specially for that "piece" part, I could provide you some advice and piece of code but for the moment it's still unclear and too vague.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
please help me
thanks
why there are so many misunderstanding between us .... for such a simple requirement ... sigh ...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
My point is to restrict the way people "get" their coupons, not how they can "use" their coupons .....
So, who should receive a coupon should be determined by how they ordered .....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I will not give coupons to people buy 1 product, but i will give coupons to people who bought 6 products .....
is it clear ?
forgive my urgency...... i am really anxious to be blocked by this bottleneck for the whole project of my shopping cart .....
wish to hear from you soon ... (without any misunderstanding ....)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
No, in fact I got that point ; but what you're trying to do at the beginning of that thread is in fact the opposite of what you want to achieve.My point is to restrict the way people "get" their coupons, not how they can "use" their coupons ..
The restriction on the coupon is the restriction for the coupon ; how the user can use them.
That's why I was so confuse between your explanations and your configuration.
And when there are contradictory elements in a request, I'm not able to schematize the requirements.
So, now the specifications are complete !
Please see the plugin attached which is an update for the plugin "serial per order" with some new settings.
It will allow to specify a minimum and maximum of products in an order.
Which means you will need :
- One "serial per order" instance per quantity range.
- One HikaSerial pack for each "serial per order" instance
- One HikaSerial "coupon generator" per HikaSerial pack
- One coupon template per "coupon generator".
Example :
If you set a minimum or maximum quantity to 0 ; they won't have any limitation.
Which mean that you can have
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But i can not input anything after install the plug-in you provided. (as attached file)
No textfields to input.
anything wrong ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks
By the way, should i remove the old plug-in before installing this one ? because i dont see the serialperorder_configuration.php in the new plug-in zip file. Don't need that file anymore ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's a feature of next HikaSerial release that you do not have yet.
In the file "administrator/components/com_hikaserial/views/plugins/view.html.php" please replace
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.