- Posts: 166
- Thank you received: 6
Image attachement in confirmation mail
-- HikaSerial version -- : last
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome last
Good morning,
I could setup the creation and sales (with amount defined by customer) of gifts certificate on my website, and the confirmation mail sent to the customer includes the serial, everything is fine.
But I would like also an image to be included with the mail, with the possibility to download it.
I set up the example you give in your documentation on attachserial, put the template in images, of course the options Attach in emails and Attach as download are activated, but the mail doesn't include any attachement or image, only the serial number listed in the body.
Do I have to insert the tag "#hikaserial:attachserial:2" somewhere ?
Can you help please?
Thank you in advance
Jean-Loup
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When you are using some special integration to send the email ; it is possible that the attachments are not working properly.
That's why there is a setting in the "attach serial" plugin (in the Joomla part) to use an alternative mode for the attachements.
Kind regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I use the Joomla plugin (on the print screen) and fill the fields?
Should I insert the tag "#hikaserial:attachserial:2" in the hikaserial field of the plugin?
I don't use special integration, I just tried the example you gave in your doc...
Can you help or give me the link to a topic with the explanation?
Thank you in advance
JL
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So you're not using a dedicated/special SMTP service ?
When you can see the serials in the email content ; you can be pretty sure that the "attach serial" plugin will attach an image if it should (plugin published, configuration published, right pack).
The configuration of the plugin in the Joomla part allow you to use specific settings to avoid some issues.
Like the setting "attach a virtual file" which is working fine most of time but with some servers need to be set to "no" in order to create a temporally file in your server to let the SMTP use that file as attachment.
The "mime type" is similar ; we had some issues with attachments when the "mime type" was set ; so we added a setting to avoid issues for that users.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried almost all the combination and nothing is working, despite the mail received seems perfect
Do you think possible for you to have a quick look at our configuration to see is something obvious is missing?
Would be nice to have this feature working
In case I sent you accesses in private message
Good night!
Jean-Loup
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just for the clarification.
In case I sent you accesses in private message
And you can read in my signature
I have to admit that I hate private message... Really hate them.Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
So pleeeease do not send me any PM. All of them go directly in the trash and I don't read them anymore.
Thanks for your understanding.
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you please provide more details about your Joomla "mail" settings ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I use the PHP mail so far.
Should I try the SMTP or Sendmail?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you have the possibility in Joomla to send email with attachments ?
Like that ; I can't provide you any useful answer for your problem.
HikaSerial is using default Joomla function to include the attachment in the email ; so I got no explanation for your issue.
Best I can propose you is to use the "file download" alternative.
The attach serial image won't be include in the email but the customer could use the download link with the product to get his image.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.