Skip to main content

Paypal Adaptive payments - only works with Paypal?

More
12 years 6 months ago #149318 by jeremynsl
Hey there,

I am thinking of starting to use the Paypal Adaptive feature to start paying my vendors.

My site currently offers payment through Paypal, and also I will use the newly added Stripe payment plugin for direct CC payments. I may also use the beta Bitcoin plugin in the future.

My question is - what happens if someone pays through Stripe? Does Paypal Adaptive only work for purchases made through Paypal? Can you explain how this all works together if I use multiple payment processors?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #149319 by Jerome
Hi,

Paypal adaptive is : developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/adapti...ation-guide/APIntro/
It is paypal and it is adaptive.

It is also a payment plugin in HikaShop provided by HikaMarket.
It means that you have to configure the plugin to use it and the customer as to choose this payment method to use it.
Otherwise you won't use it, because you will use another payment plugin.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #149342 by jeremynsl
Hi Jerome,

Ok I understand. So would you suggest this replaces the regular Paypal plugin?

I guess for the other sources, Hikamarket will still tally the amount owed with those and I can manually pay it?

Is there a section in the online manual on the adaptive plugin yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #149393 by Jerome
Hi,

The idea is to use, in your checkout, the "paypal adaptive" plugin instead of the regular "paypal" one.

If you do not use the "paypal adaptive" plugin, only one account will receive the money. For most of cases it will be you but you can configure HikaMarket to pay directly your vendors.
In these cases, HikaMarket will process the sum that you will have to send to your vendors or the sum that your vendor should you pay back.

The Paypal adaptive plugin have a documentation page that you can read thanks to the online documentation in HikaShop/HikaMarket.
You just have to clck on the "help" button when configuring the "paypal adaptive" plugin and his documentation will be display to you.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum