- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 6
consistent product URL
12 years 3 months ago #158677
by christofu
consistent product URL was created by christofu
Hi,
I have noticed that selecting a product via a module, and selecting a product through its category page yields a different URL.
I would like to have the same URL when a product is selected via any link
in addition I would like the products to always be associated their parent category i.e. website/category/product/product-name
(my site has a different template per category)
currently if I visit the same product from a module it will pick up the URL website/component/hikashop/product/product-name (and I would also like to remove the component/hikashop part of the URL)
I noticed you could associate a product with a vendor in 1.41, but I just wanted to find out how to always associate a product with a category (as far as its URL and therefore styling in my case is concerned)?
kind regards
I have noticed that selecting a product via a module, and selecting a product through its category page yields a different URL.
I would like to have the same URL when a product is selected via any link
in addition I would like the products to always be associated their parent category i.e. website/category/product/product-name
(my site has a different template per category)
currently if I visit the same product from a module it will pick up the URL website/component/hikashop/product/product-name (and I would also like to remove the component/hikashop part of the URL)
I noticed you could associate a product with a vendor in 1.41, but I just wanted to find out how to always associate a product with a category (as far as its URL and therefore styling in my case is concerned)?
kind regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #158723
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic consistent product URL
Hi,
You have to use the HikaShop option (added in 2.3.1) to always use the canonical url when creating a link to a product.
It's not related to HikaMarket, just to HikaShop.
Regards,
You have to use the HikaShop option (added in 2.3.1) to always use the canonical url when creating a link to a product.
It's not related to HikaMarket, just to HikaShop.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #159661
by christofu
Replied by christofu on topic consistent product URL
thanks,
I used a combination of that and associating the corresponding category menu to the module (in hikashop options).
I used a combination of that and associating the corresponding category menu to the module (in hikashop options).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds