- Posts: 147
- Thank you received: 6
HTML Markup consistancy
12 years 2 months ago #163668
by maujbigo
HTML Markup consistancy was created by maujbigo
Hi,
I have being customising the look of hikashop and hikamarket for a couple of different project and I am facing the inconsistency on the markup and classes and id's.
I will list two examples but there is many more.
Example 1
Hikashop customer orders filter have an id and inputbox class
<input name="search" id="hikashop_search" class="inputbox" value=""...
While the hikamarket filter have id but no class
<input name="search" id="hikamarket_products_listing_search" class="" value=""...
Example 2
Vendor account edit form uses tr > td > input
But then the vendor add product form uses dl > dd > input
And different or no classes
There are a number of other instances where you can see this type of inconsistency.
Yes, I can share on single style but it takes longer than if it was consistent.
I also would like to see lesser the use of table to layout.
Don't take me wrong, the extension is fantastic, very powerful but I think the front-end is not as strong.
I hope no one get offended but take it as customer (me) feedback that may help improve.
-- HikaMarket Multivendor: 1.4.1
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
I have being customising the look of hikashop and hikamarket for a couple of different project and I am facing the inconsistency on the markup and classes and id's.
I will list two examples but there is many more.
Example 1
Hikashop customer orders filter have an id and inputbox class
<input name="search" id="hikashop_search" class="inputbox" value=""...
While the hikamarket filter have id but no class
<input name="search" id="hikamarket_products_listing_search" class="" value=""...
Example 2
Vendor account edit form uses tr > td > input
But then the vendor add product form uses dl > dd > input
And different or no classes
There are a number of other instances where you can see this type of inconsistency.
Yes, I can share on single style but it takes longer than if it was consistent.
I also would like to see lesser the use of table to layout.
Don't take me wrong, the extension is fantastic, very powerful but I think the front-end is not as strong.
I hope no one get offended but take it as customer (me) feedback that may help improve.
-- HikaMarket Multivendor: 1.4.1
-- HikaShop version -- : x.x.x
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #163678
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic HTML Markup consistancy
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.
And don't worry, I am not offended. You're totally right, the consistency in HikaMarket is not perfect at all.
For the classes on the input, I will see to fix a maximum for the next release. Don't hesitate to mention me the missing elements.
About the HTML structure, when I designed HikaMarket, I wanted to improve it, using the new structure models (dl/dd), like the product edition page.
But for some elements I didn't use a new structure and keep the same kind of HTML than HikaShop (like the vendor edition page).
I am currently working on the vendor edition page in order to integrate the possibility for a user to register "all in one" (Joomla + HikaShop + HikaMarket) and I realized that I still used tables for that.
The vendor edition page is currently in re-factoring in order ot use dl/dd. I don't want to have two views like HikaShop for the table and the bootstrap structures.
Our goal is to have something easy for user to customize so it is a good thing you mentioned the troubles you got for your customization.
The view override is a good solution for high customization but having at the start enough elements at the beginning to let you make a CSS is important.
Regards,
Thank you for your feedback.
And don't worry, I am not offended. You're totally right, the consistency in HikaMarket is not perfect at all.
For the classes on the input, I will see to fix a maximum for the next release. Don't hesitate to mention me the missing elements.
About the HTML structure, when I designed HikaMarket, I wanted to improve it, using the new structure models (dl/dd), like the product edition page.
But for some elements I didn't use a new structure and keep the same kind of HTML than HikaShop (like the vendor edition page).
I am currently working on the vendor edition page in order to integrate the possibility for a user to register "all in one" (Joomla + HikaShop + HikaMarket) and I realized that I still used tables for that.
The vendor edition page is currently in re-factoring in order ot use dl/dd. I don't want to have two views like HikaShop for the table and the bootstrap structures.
Our goal is to have something easy for user to customize so it is a good thing you mentioned the troubles you got for your customization.
The view override is a good solution for high customization but having at the start enough elements at the beginning to let you make a CSS is important.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds