- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 1
[RESOLVED] Vendor access to category of products?
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #241004
by joyhanawa
[RESOLVED] Vendor access to category of products? was created by joyhanawa
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
safehomesreport.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.6.3
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None, question
I am setting up vendors that own a specific category but I want other vendors to be able to see the supra category. For example some vendors will own specific items, but the agency will own an entire location.
Think of the structure as category=state = agency level, category=address - vendor level.
Can I do this in HikaMarket? If so, is there documentation on how to do this?
Thanks...
Joy
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.6.3
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None, question
I am setting up vendors that own a specific category but I want other vendors to be able to see the supra category. For example some vendors will own specific items, but the agency will own an entire location.
Think of the structure as category=state = agency level, category=address - vendor level.
Can I do this in HikaMarket? If so, is there documentation on how to do this?
Thanks...
Joy
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by joyhanawa. Reason: changed subject and icon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #241007
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Vendor access to entire category of products?
Hi,
You have some settings for the categories.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...nfig_market_category
In these settings you will find the entry "Extra categories" to add extra categories to the vendor when they manage theirs products.
These categories are available to place products into but can't be edited by the vendors.
You can also override that setting per vendor.
It is a setting useful if you want to let your vendors access to some special categories like "latest", etc.
Regards,
You have some settings for the categories.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...nfig_market_category
In these settings you will find the entry "Extra categories" to add extra categories to the vendor when they manage theirs products.
These categories are available to place products into but can't be edited by the vendors.
You can also override that setting per vendor.
It is a setting useful if you want to let your vendors access to some special categories like "latest", etc.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joyhanawa
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #241032
by joyhanawa
Replied by joyhanawa on topic Vendor access to entire category of products?
Jerome,
Thanks - love this product.
Here's what I did, I created a menu item that lists an entire category and granted access only to the agencies. Thanks!
-j
Thanks - love this product.
Here's what I did, I created a menu item that lists an entire category and granted access only to the agencies. Thanks!
-j
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds