- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Uncaught Type Error
I was inspecting the page of adding new product using the Google Chrome Console and it show the attached errors.
please to advice if I did something wrong!!!
Thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Would it be possible to know your HikaShop version number and your HikaMarket version number ?
(because it was your very first post in our forum, that information has been lost ; but it won't be the case for your future messages).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for your quick replay...
And thanks to your wonderful documentation it is really helpful.
HikaShop 3.1.1
HikaMarket 1.7.3
Thanks..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for the precision.
It looks like there is a conflict between Joomla 3.7 jquery-ui file and HikaShop jquery-ui one.
HikaShop do not load jquery-ui file so that file should be loaded by a plugin. It would be interesting to take a look at your page source code in order to see the ordering of the JS inclusion.
Like that, it's not simple for me to give you a precise answer because I cannot reproduce the issue in my test websites and the JS files are HikaShop and Joomla one. I'm not even sure that I can create a patch in HikaMarket for your issue, it might be something in the HikaShop uploader.. I can't really say right now.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So what should I do??:dry:
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Knowing why that jquery-ui file is included while HikaShop and HikaMarket are not using it might be the key to solve the isuse.It would be interesting to take a look at your page source code in order to see the ordering of the JS inclusion.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I sent you the access with a private message.
regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please read my forum signature.
Thank you for your understanding.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I understand you are very busy, but how to explain my problem with this "contact us" form????:huh:
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's not that I'm busy ; it's that I do not use private messages.
And my forum signature indicate that you should not send me private messages.
For the information, all private message are automatically deleted ; I don't even receive the mail notification or else...
If you want to send credentials ; you have to use the "contact us" form and provide a link (URL) to that forum thread.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Would it be possible to know why you did not mentioned the URL of forum thread like asked ?
Our support team had to perform search in order to find your account, look for your message and try to understand what was credentials were for.. And then assign me the message.
I'm sorry, I don't want to be impolite but, when we are asking you to perform some tasks or we ask you question ; it is for really good reason and it's with the goal of providing an efficient support.
More than that, the credentials you send us are not working.
We cannot access to HikaMarket interface, we got the message that we need to login with a vendor account.
If you want a fast resolution of your issue ; it would be best to answer to all of our questions and do as we said.
Otherwise, I'm afraid it will really slow down our support and you won't be pleased at the end.
Thank you for your understanding.
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
it is not my intention to move your anger and I'm sorry for the miss understanding, I mentioned the URL of the problem located on my site... :blink:
it is not that I don't want to do what you asked for! I will send another message for your team with the credentials and the URL.
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank for fixing the credentials ; I am not able to access to the HikaMarket front-end interface.
By reading the source code of the page, we can see "when" jquery-ui is included :
And if we take another page in your website, like an article, we can see that there is almost the same kind of inclusion:
Now, why is there a JS issue ?
Joomla jquery-ui version is :
While HikaShop jquery-ui version is:
The uploader and some other features in HikaShop (and HikaMarket) requires the "widgets/draggable" (for the drag'n'drop to sort elements).
That widget is not included in the joomla jquery-ui file ; but there is the definition of the "widget".
And because that file is included after the HikaShop one, it overrides the functions.. With older content.
I'm afraid that the only solution I see is to modify the Joomla jquery-ui file in order to use a recent version of the file and not something 4 years old !
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So What should I do?:side:
please to advice.
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I know that my message was big but it does contains your answer ; at the end of it:
I'm afraid that the only solution I see is to modify the Joomla jquery-ui file in order to use a recent version of the file and not something 4 years old !
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I now... but it is not an answer for someone who has no idea about programming like me...
I should have asked you where to find that file and how to modify it??? but even if I found it I can not modify it.
so kindly advice me.
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Okay, no problem ; I will detail my answer with more details and less technical.
The file I attached is jquery-ui version 1.9.2 ; the same version that Joomla 3 is using.
But that file contains all required module to let HikaShop features work.
You need to:
1 - extract the file in the zip
2 - in your website rename the file "/media/com_hikashop/js/jquery-ui.min.js" into "/media/com_hikashop/js/jquery-ui-old.min.js"
3- upload the extracted file from the zip in the folder "/media/com_hikashop/js"
4 - Clean the cache of your browser
5 - Retry the HikaMarket page with the JS issue.
If the problem persist ; please open a new thread in the HikaShop section of the forum explaining that :
" There is a jquery-ui conflict between Joomla 3 and HikaShop ; if a third party module or plugin include jquery into an HikaShop/HikaMarket page, it override the jquery-ui from HikaShop with an older version and create JS errors.
That issue can be seen while using an uploader in the front-end. "
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you very much for your help it is done and it is OK.:woohoo:
Best regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I just talked with the HikaShop team and for the future ; it will best for you to use "jQuery Easy" so it will fix the Joomla jquery file and avoid the multiple inclusions :
extensions.joomla.org/extension/jquery-easy/
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.