- Posts: 136
- Thank you received: 7
Missing Custom field "Company" when signing up at Vendor registration page
9 years 1 month ago #276752
by flexsus
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hi
When my Vendors sign up at mydomain.dk/bliv-myfarmer/vendor/form and fill the "Firmanavn" (input="vendorregister_vendorname") this name goes to back-end field "Name" under "Main Information". That's OK, but I would also expect that it would go to "Custom Fields" "Company" (vendor_address_company).
But after signup all the Custom fields are filled, except the "Company". Is it a bug or should I achieve this with some override?
Like I do with the jQuery script where I fill the address_fullname into the register_name, hiding some fields so that my users should not fill the same information twice.
How can I achieve that the Company is filled?
Regards,
Henrik
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hi
When my Vendors sign up at mydomain.dk/bliv-myfarmer/vendor/form and fill the "Firmanavn" (input="vendorregister_vendorname") this name goes to back-end field "Name" under "Main Information". That's OK, but I would also expect that it would go to "Custom Fields" "Company" (vendor_address_company).
But after signup all the Custom fields are filled, except the "Company". Is it a bug or should I achieve this with some override?
Like I do with the jQuery script where I fill the address_fullname into the register_name, hiding some fields so that my users should not fill the same information twice.
How can I achieve that the Company is filled?
Regards,
Henrik
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276791
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Missing Custom field "Company" when signing up at Vendor registration page
Hi,
It's not a bug.
The vendor name has its own field and the company name has its own field and thus if you hide the company field from the registration form it's normal that it is not filled automatically with the vendor name.
If you want that to happen automatically that would indeed require some customization.
In that case, I would recommend to enable the display of the company field on the vendor registration form, hide it with CSS, and add some jQuery to the view file (you can find which one with the "Display view files" setting of the HikaShop configuration) to fill automatically the company field with the text entered in the vendor name field.
It's not a bug.
The vendor name has its own field and the company name has its own field and thus if you hide the company field from the registration form it's normal that it is not filled automatically with the vendor name.
If you want that to happen automatically that would indeed require some customization.
In that case, I would recommend to enable the display of the company field on the vendor registration form, hide it with CSS, and add some jQuery to the view file (you can find which one with the "Display view files" setting of the HikaShop configuration) to fill automatically the company field with the text entered in the vendor name field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flexsus
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #276804
by flexsus
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Replied by flexsus on topic Missing Custom field "Company" when signing up at Vendor registration page
Hi Nicolas
Sometimes you just have to ask to find direction
It's working perfect! Offcource it is two fields and I need to enabled it in back-end to show on registrationform. Then CSS and jQuery!
Problem solved.
Thank you!
Regards,
Henrik
Sometimes you just have to ask to find direction
It's working perfect! Offcource it is two fields and I need to enabled it in back-end to show on registrationform. Then CSS and jQuery!
Problem solved.
Thank you!
Regards,
Henrik
.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds