- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 8
No update for nearly 1 year !
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #280701
by pprle
No update for nearly 1 year ! was created by pprle
Hello,
I am stunned the last update for Hikamarket dates from February 09, 2017.
That is 8 months without any improvement of any kind... It would be nice to communicate on your roadmap.
As it is it looks like an abandoned project!
And...I really do hope you will offer us a coupon code on top of our normal renewal price... :whistle:
I am stunned the last update for Hikamarket dates from February 09, 2017.
That is 8 months without any improvement of any kind... It would be nice to communicate on your roadmap.
As it is it looks like an abandoned project!
And...I really do hope you will offer us a coupon code on top of our normal renewal price... :whistle:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by pprle.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 11 months ago #280715
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic No update for nearly 1 year !
Hello,
In several threads I explained that I worked on HikaMarket 2.0.0 and I explained what the release will contain.
Since during the development of the big features, no major bugs were reported, there was no need to release HikaMarket 1.7.4
Please do not exaggerate about the "nearly 1 year" ; you know that the project is not dead at all and that I do a lot of things regarding the HikaShop development or support.
More than that, in order to integrate some frequently asked features in HikaMarket ; some major modification are required in HikaShop (for example, I think about partial refund).
So yes, I wanted to release HikaMarket 1.8.0 before the summer but since I had to perform a huge modification in the order system for the introduction of "transactions", I had to move for a "2.0.0".
It will be a major release with all the implications regarding tests and safety (like do not update a live website like that).
Afterwards, you know that we do not have any public roadmap regarding the components since it is a frustration for everybody.
But we are aware of the users' requests and sometimes an idea can be implemented very fast into the component, while some other can require tremendous work (like the edition of orders by vendors which is still under development/tests but is going in the right direction since the implementation of the order/transaction system).
Regards,
In several threads I explained that I worked on HikaMarket 2.0.0 and I explained what the release will contain.
Since during the development of the big features, no major bugs were reported, there was no need to release HikaMarket 1.7.4
Please do not exaggerate about the "nearly 1 year" ; you know that the project is not dead at all and that I do a lot of things regarding the HikaShop development or support.
More than that, in order to integrate some frequently asked features in HikaMarket ; some major modification are required in HikaShop (for example, I think about partial refund).
So yes, I wanted to release HikaMarket 1.8.0 before the summer but since I had to perform a huge modification in the order system for the introduction of "transactions", I had to move for a "2.0.0".
It will be a major release with all the implications regarding tests and safety (like do not update a live website like that).
Afterwards, you know that we do not have any public roadmap regarding the components since it is a frustration for everybody.
But we are aware of the users' requests and sometimes an idea can be implemented very fast into the component, while some other can require tremendous work (like the edition of orders by vendors which is still under development/tests but is going in the right direction since the implementation of the order/transaction system).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 11 months ago #281348
by pprle
Replied by pprle on topic No update for nearly 1 year !
Hello Jerome,
Thank you for your kind reply and communication.
8 months is not 1 year, not that far away but not 1 year for sure.
I totally understand about a roadmap being difficult to handle/respect but communication is the key.
I'd like to add a roadmap is not necessary about release dates but surely about work in progress.
Please, once in a while, post a topic with some advancements because we are not supposed to keep track of what you write in any and all posts in this forum.
Thank you for your kind reply and communication.
8 months is not 1 year, not that far away but not 1 year for sure.
I totally understand about a roadmap being difficult to handle/respect but communication is the key.
I'd like to add a roadmap is not necessary about release dates but surely about work in progress.
This message contains confidential information
Please, once in a while, post a topic with some advancements because we are not supposed to keep track of what you write in any and all posts in this forum.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds