Skip to main content

Same product name is not working but ID should make the difference

More
8 years 7 months ago #287332 by ChristopheMG
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- HikaMarket version -- : 2.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : A product with the same code already exists

Hello,

I have a product Name "Potatoe" from one vendor, with the ID in the URL : .../156-potatoe

When I want to add a product with the same name "Potatoe" from a different vendor, I get the error message:
"A product with the same code already exists"

Since the ID is in the URL and it should be a different one... I'm wondering why it's not enough to make the difference ?
The debug mode isn't helping.

Can you please help me?

Regards,

Topic maybe usefull:
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...cs-error.html#193420

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #287333 by Jerome
Hello,

You should use the vendor product prefix code.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...onfig_market_general

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #287674 by ChristopheMG
Hello,

Should I place "%d" in the prefix field ? I tried. I get the same error when I try to save a same name product with another vendor...
"A product with the same code already exists"

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #287675 by Jerome
Hello,

The setting will use the prefix and then add the vendor_id plus an underscore.
For example, if you set-up the prefix "v" and the vendor id is 3, the product code will be
Code:
v3_product_code

Please note that there is also another setting in the "main" section of the HikaMarket setting called "avoid duplicate product code".
If the product code already exists, it will detect and try to avoid any conflict.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopheMG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum