- Posts: 45
- Thank you received: 0
Individual Shipping Prices for Products
15 years 6 months ago #10621
by spoOx
Individual Shipping Prices for Products was created by spoOx
Hi,
I hope I can explain this clearly:
A the moment I'm using the weighing trick to apply different shipping prices for items, however, we have many items and this is becoming confusing... majority of our products have different shipping rates. We have 3 main shipping zones: UK, Europe and World.
I guess this is a feature request :blush: :
It would be extremely helpful, if, when adding a new product, there was an area for configuring shipping price for that item. so, I would select the 1st shipping zone and add its price, then second and add its price and then third and so on. I can see the main arguements against this idea so what I suggest is that if shipping prices are added when a new product is added then these override the default shipping prices configured, otherwise, the default shipping prices apply.
Hope this can be done :side:
I hope I can explain this clearly:
A the moment I'm using the weighing trick to apply different shipping prices for items, however, we have many items and this is becoming confusing... majority of our products have different shipping rates. We have 3 main shipping zones: UK, Europe and World.
I guess this is a feature request :blush: :
It would be extremely helpful, if, when adding a new product, there was an area for configuring shipping price for that item. so, I would select the 1st shipping zone and add its price, then second and add its price and then third and so on. I can see the main arguements against this idea so what I suggest is that if shipping prices are added when a new product is added then these override the default shipping prices configured, otherwise, the default shipping prices apply.
Hope this can be done :side:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10632
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Individual Shipping Prices for Products
Hi,
Yes, that's something we already have in the todo list for the future.
Yes, that's something we already have in the todo list for the future.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #10713
by spoOx
Replied by spoOx on topic Re: Individual Shipping Prices for Products
yay! can't wait =]
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #11056
by spoOx
Replied by spoOx on topic Re: Individual Shipping Prices for Products
Apologies for bringing this back up again, just wanted to make sure that I had said it clearly, basically what I am after is to give each item an individual shipping price and then if a user has more than one item in cart, the total shipping will be calculated by adding each item's shipping price together... will this be possible? please please say yes as at the moment I am losing a lot of money because only one shipping price gets added no matter how many items are ordered 
also, very very sorry to ask this but any rough timeframe when this may be possible?
thank you very very much for all your help =]
also, very very sorry to ask this but any rough timeframe when this may be possible?
thank you very very much for all your help =]
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #11060
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Individual Shipping Prices for Products
Yes, that's what I meant.
A time frame is hard to say. We have a lot of things we would like to do soon, this being one of them.
A time frame is hard to say. We have a lot of things we would like to do soon, this being one of them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13018
by spoOx
Replied by spoOx on topic Re: Individual Shipping Prices for Products
Hi Nicolas,
Could you give me some pointers if I wanted to implement/code this myself? what files would be affected.. would it be easy to do?
It's just that I'm losing a lot of money at moment
Could you give me some pointers if I wanted to implement/code this myself? what files would be affected.. would it be easy to do?
It's just that I'm losing a lot of money at moment
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13024
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Individual Shipping Prices for Products
Hi,
In that case, you could create a new field for the products so that you could enter the shipping price on the back end. It's possible to do that with custom product fields in the commercial versions of hikashop.
Then, you would have to edit the file plugins/hikashopshipping/manual.php to sum the shipping price of all the products in the cart.
In that case, you could create a new field for the products so that you could enter the shipping price on the back end. It's possible to do that with custom product fields in the commercial versions of hikashop.
Then, you would have to edit the file plugins/hikashopshipping/manual.php to sum the shipping price of all the products in the cart.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds