Forum improvement
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #12419
by didero
Forum improvement was created by didero
Searching the forum for answers can be really difficult because the standard Joomla search function is far too limited. Have you ever considered implementing something like iJoomla Search & Archive? Costs only $69.99
I use it here:
www.didero.nl/index.php/zoeken-op-de-site
For example type in ICE or Coolscan.
Very easy to set up.
I use it here:
www.didero.nl/index.php/zoeken-op-de-site
For example type in ICE or Coolscan.
Very easy to set up.
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by didero.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12438
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Forum improvement
I'm not following you. The forum has its own search with lost of options:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/search.html
The joomla search is only for the documentation on our website and most of the documentation is also accessible by the help button on your hikashop which gives you corresponding documentation so that you don't have to search.
The joomla search is only for the documentation on our website and most of the documentation is also accessible by the help button on your hikashop which gives you corresponding documentation so that you don't have to search.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 5 months ago #13520
by Chill Creations
iDEAL for Hikashop by Dutch iDEAL experts
Replied by Chill Creations on topic Re: Forum improvement
@didero, nice shop!
@nicolas, I understand what he means. When you are in the forum, the default Joomla! search is also very prominent. Beneath is the Kunena search. I was using the first one I saw to search the forum, and that was not a success, only later I noticed that the forum search was below it.
Maybe it would be a nice user friendly improvement to use one search extension to search all data on the site. The above mentioned looks good, but maybe Finder from JXTended would also work.
@nicolas, I understand what he means. When you are in the forum, the default Joomla! search is also very prominent. Beneath is the Kunena search. I was using the first one I saw to search the forum, and that was not a success, only later I noticed that the forum search was below it.
Maybe it would be a nice user friendly improvement to use one search extension to search all data on the site. The above mentioned looks good, but maybe Finder from JXTended would also work.
iDEAL for Hikashop by Dutch iDEAL experts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 5 months ago #13536
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Forum improvement
We'll add a search plugin so that kunena's posts are always searched on the search page for now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds