- Posts: 92
- Thank you received: 1
Product Page Layout
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then, you could just go in the menus Display->Content menus/modules and edit your menu/module and change the item box layout you're using to "image and title" and that should do it.
The content modules are joomla modules which allows you to display hikashop content. Some will be created automatically by the system. For example, when you create a menu of the type hikashop category listing, a module will be created and will handle the display of the products below the category listing.
Depending on how you created that listing of products, you will either need to edit the menu or the associated module's options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As you can see from the attached, the images no longer appear on the products page in the front-end.
Where is Display->Content menus/modules located? How do I get there?
Thanks for your patience and quick responses to my questions.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In your back end, when you're in HikaShop, you have a menu Display with two sub menus: Content modules and Content menus.
You didn't put any image of your front end display.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also, should I enable the cart module and content module?
Thanks once again for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But You didn't upload any image of your front end with the changes applied so we cannot see what you have now.
I already told you what you should do:
You should just go in the menus Display->Content menus and edit your menu and change the item box layout you're using to "image and title"
You don't need to enable these two modules.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'll be sure to always include an image of the front-end so you can see what I'm doing.
I followed your directions and changed the item box layout to "image and title" but the images did not appear on the products listing page.
I was thinking that maybe I changed too many default settings and messed something up so I decided to start from scratch and did a fresh install of HikaShop on a different website. I created 2 categories, 1 product for each category, 1 menu item on the front- end using the "product listing" menu type and on the Display tab in the configuration, I have set the type of item layout for "Image and title."
When I click on my menu in the front-end, this is what I see:
There is no product information.
What else should I do that I have not done?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When you create a new menu of the type product listing, it displays all the products of the main category (the default category set in the "parent category" option of your menu's hikashop options. Since you don't have any products in your main category, you're not seeing any products. Normal.
You need to go in your menu's hikashop options and set the option "sub element filter" to "all sub elements" so that it displays the products regardless of their depth in your category tree.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think that a lot of my problems had to do with my category tree structure.
I've learned a lot...thank you so much!
A few more questions please:
Where would I go to change the category title from "product category" to the actual name of the category?
How can I move the product names above the images?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you wish to change it, you need to go in the categories listing, click on Root, and edit that category.
If you want to put the product name above the image, there is no option for that, so you will have to edit the file listing_img_title of the view product via the menu Display->Views and move the block of code displaying the product name before the block of code displaying the image.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I so appreciate your help and your patience. I feel ready to move forward now and start using HikaShop on my clients' sites. First chance I get, I'll post a 5 star review for you.
Mort
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried adding larger images to the product description/information window in the back-end but am not able to remove these thumbnails and popups on the product information page.
How can I do this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
if(!$this->config->get('thumbnail')){
by:
if(true){
at the two places where you will find it. That will display the full sized image directly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
the file show of the view product
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks once again for your help, your fast response to my questions and for your patience.
HikaShop is a great extension.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.