- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Need help with image placement - Thanks!
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #19672
by gvinson
Need help with image placement - Thanks! was created by gvinson
I downloaded Hikashop to run in a joomla 1.5 platform.
I added three product categories, with general images of each category.
I added products to each category.
On the product page, on the right side of the screen is an image upload. I loaded thumbnails of the products.
In the product description area I added text and full size images.
On the frontend, when clicking on the catelog, I see the categories displyed with the general category images, just as it should.
Clicking on a category, I see the listing of individual products in that category, with the thumbnail images.
But when I click on an individual product, instead of seeing the full size image and description, I see the thumbnail AND the full size image.
How can I correct that??
Thanks in advance for any help
I added three product categories, with general images of each category.
I added products to each category.
On the product page, on the right side of the screen is an image upload. I loaded thumbnails of the products.
In the product description area I added text and full size images.
On the frontend, when clicking on the catelog, I see the categories displyed with the general category images, just as it should.
Clicking on a category, I see the listing of individual products in that category, with the thumbnail images.
But when I click on an individual product, instead of seeing the full size image and description, I see the thumbnail AND the full size image.
How can I correct that??
Thanks in advance for any help
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by gvinson.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19690
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Need help with image placement - Thanks!
Usually, users don't use hikashop like that. They upload the full size images in the images area of their products. The system generates automatically the thumbnails. Then, on the product page, when the users click on the thumbnails, they see the images in full size automatically. For example, like on that page:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=83&lang=en
If you don't want the thumbnail on the product page, you can edit the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views and add the line below after the first <?php tag:
$this->element->images = null;
If you don't want the thumbnail on the product page, you can edit the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views and add the line below after the first <?php tag:
$this->element->images = null;
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19696
by gvinson
Replied by gvinson on topic Re: Need help with image placement - Thanks!
I did not know it would automatically generate the thumbnail. So if I remove the thumbnail image, then I should expect it to place a thumbnail based upon the full size image in the product description?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19719
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Need help with image placement - Thanks!
No. You should remove both and add the full size image in the "images" area of your product when editing it. Then, you will have a display like on that page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19793
by gvinson
Replied by gvinson on topic Re: Need help with image placement - Thanks!
Yesterday when I posted my question, I was using entirely different language than you, and it was entirely my fault. My apologies.
Later, I went back to the project and the lights came on. I made some changes, then all of the sudden my products just leapt off the page. They just jumped off.
Excellent software. Bravo!!
* I may have some additional questions about manipulating text placement on the individual product pages, and I hope that I can come back here for those answers.
THANKS!!
Later, I went back to the project and the lights came on. I made some changes, then all of the sudden my products just leapt off the page. They just jumped off.
Excellent software. Bravo!!
* I may have some additional questions about manipulating text placement on the individual product pages, and I hope that I can come back here for those answers.
THANKS!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #48861
by gidgie
Replied by gidgie on topic Re: Need help with image placement - Thanks!
Hi Nicolas,
I am trying to remove the thumbnails from product description, but keep them in the category layout.
I tried to insert the code as above, but that didin't work.
in the file "show" all the php seems to be in gray, which is a little confusing. If I insert the provided code just after 1st php tag, nothing happens.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Thanks!
I am trying to remove the thumbnails from product description, but keep them in the category layout.
I tried to insert the code as above, but that didin't work.
in the file "show" all the php seems to be in gray, which is a little confusing. If I insert the provided code just after 1st php tag, nothing happens.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #48891
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Need help with image placement - Thanks!
That should still work, unless your products have characteristics.
An other easy way to remove the image on the product page would be to simply hide the left area in CSS like that:
.hikashop_product_left_part{ display: none; }
An other easy way to remove the image on the product page would be to simply hide the left area in CSS like that:
.hikashop_product_left_part{ display: none; }
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds