- Posts: 251
- Thank you received: 2
Suggestion
15 years 3 months ago #19754
by Nello
Suggestion was created by Nello
hi nicolas
It is possible to distinguish between the product name and page title?
Let me explain. Currently the product name is also the page title of that product.
It would be possible to add a field to specify a different page title from the title of the product.
It would be great.
Thank you!
It is possible to distinguish between the product name and page title?
Let me explain. Currently the product name is also the page title of that product.
It would be possible to add a field to specify a different page title from the title of the product.
It would be great.
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19763
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Suggestion
You can create an new custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display->Custom fields (in the commercial editions only) so that you can enter a page title for the product. Then, edit the file show of the view product and add the lines below just after the first <?php tag:
if(!empty($this->element->CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME)){
$document =& JFactory::getDocument();
$document->setTitle( $this->element->CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME );
}
Don't forget to replace the CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME by the actual column name of your custom field and the title of the product pages will be the text entered in that custom field for each products.
if(!empty($this->element->CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME)){
$document =& JFactory::getDocument();
$document->setTitle( $this->element->CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME );
}
Don't forget to replace the CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME by the actual column name of your custom field and the title of the product pages will be the text entered in that custom field for each products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #19764
by Nello
Replied by Nello on topic Re: Suggestion
Fantastic!!! You are my personal God!
eheheh
eheheh
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by Nello.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19767
by Nello
Replied by Nello on topic Re: Suggestion
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19806
by Nello
Replied by Nello on topic Re: Suggestion
Hi Nicolas,
this modification works well but if I try to translate the product schedule the custom field is not in the translation panel...
Maybe I have to add some lines in the code to make the custom field translatable...?
this modification works well but if I try to translate the product schedule the custom field is not in the translation panel...
Maybe I have to add some lines in the code to make the custom field translatable...?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #19809
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Suggestion
If you want it to be translatable via the translation file, you should use:
$document->setTitle( JText::_($this->element->CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME) );
instead of :
$document->setTitle( $this->element->CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME );
in the previous code.
Then, in your product field, you can put for example the text MY_CUSTOM_TITLE and in the translation override, you can add the line:
MY_CUSTOM_TITLE="My custom override"
$document->setTitle( JText::_($this->element->CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME) );
instead of :
$document->setTitle( $this->element->CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME );
in the previous code.
Then, in your product field, you can put for example the text MY_CUSTOM_TITLE and in the translation override, you can add the line:
MY_CUSTOM_TITLE="My custom override"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #20126
by Nello
Replied by Nello on topic Re: Suggestion
Hi Nicolas,
I don't want it to be translatable via the translation file, but I use JoomFish for translation and I want that the custom title I added for each product it has to be translatable by the JoomFish Translation Panel...
For page title I mean what you see on the title bar, and It is different for each product.
Some examples:
www.hidesign.it/it/in-esposizione/produc.../cid-212/tykho-radio
www.hidesign.it/it/in-esposizione/produc...rologio-spring-large
I don't want it to be translatable via the translation file, but I use JoomFish for translation and I want that the custom title I added for each product it has to be translatable by the JoomFish Translation Panel...
For page title I mean what you see on the title bar, and It is different for each product.
Some examples:
www.hidesign.it/it/in-esposizione/produc.../cid-212/tykho-radio
www.hidesign.it/it/in-esposizione/produc...rologio-spring-large
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 months ago #20142
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Suggestion
Then, you need to edit the hikashop_product.xml file in the administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements folder, in order to add a line for your field. Then, it will be translatable via joomfish.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #20293
by Nello
Replied by Nello on topic Re: Suggestion
Tnx!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds