- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
Can't Change Number of Columns
15 years 4 days ago #25989
by lodestone
Can't Change Number of Columns was created by lodestone
Greetings all,
I've installed HikaShop 1.5.3 on a Joomla 1.7 site. The category displays insist upon putting product names in next to the category name. This is too crowded; they overlap. So I changed number of columns from 2 to 1. It refuses to display fewer than 2 columns (setting is 1 but there are 2 columns). I either need the column number reduced so the given space for the category can expand (assuming it will) or the product names turned off in the category boxes or some other way to have more room.
Thanks,
--Allen
I've installed HikaShop 1.5.3 on a Joomla 1.7 site. The category displays insist upon putting product names in next to the category name. This is too crowded; they overlap. So I changed number of columns from 2 to 1. It refuses to display fewer than 2 columns (setting is 1 but there are 2 columns). I either need the column number reduced so the given space for the category can expand (assuming it will) or the product names turned off in the category boxes or some other way to have more room.
Thanks,
--Allen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 days ago #25991
by lodestone
Replied by lodestone on topic Re: Can't Change Number of Columns
Ok. I eliminated one of the side areas to expand the main content area. The category boxes expanded but the text is still overlapped. This is a problem.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
--Allen
Any ideas?
Thanks,
--Allen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 days ago #25994
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can't Change Number of Columns
Could you give a link to that page so that we can see the HTML and CSS code of that page ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 days ago #26012
by lodestone
Replied by lodestone on topic Re: Can't Change Number of Columns
The store is currently inside a member-only area until it is ready for production. However, I've attached a copy of the HTML. Hope that helps. If not I'll see about another alternative.
--Allen
This attachment is hidden for guests.
--Allen
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 days ago #26034
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can't Change Number of Columns
Please provide us an access to it. You can give it to us in private, either via our contact page or by PMing me. Don't forget to give a link to this thread so that we know why you're contacting us.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 day ago #26149
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can't Change Number of Columns
The number of columns can be changed on your menu's hikashop options:
musicalmission.org/mwam/17/administrator...=menus&task=edit&cid []=47
For the sub categories overlapping on the main category, you can change the CSS:
.hikashop_product_list, .hikashop_category_list {
display: inline-block;
list-style-type: none;
text-align: left;
}
to:
.hikashop_product_list, .hikashop_category_list {
list-style-type: none;
text-align: right;
margin-left: 100px;
margin-bottom: 20px;
}
in the front end CSS file that you can edit in the Display tab of the config. I've done that modification already for you and the text is not overlapping anymore on your website.
musicalmission.org/mwam/17/administrator...=menus&task=edit&cid []=47
For the sub categories overlapping on the main category, you can change the CSS:
.hikashop_product_list, .hikashop_category_list {
display: inline-block;
list-style-type: none;
text-align: left;
}
to:
.hikashop_product_list, .hikashop_category_list {
list-style-type: none;
text-align: right;
margin-left: 100px;
margin-bottom: 20px;
}
in the front end CSS file that you can edit in the Display tab of the config. I've done that modification already for you and the text is not overlapping anymore on your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 day ago #26221
by lodestone
Replied by lodestone on topic Re: Can't Change Number of Columns
Thank you much for your help. I had been attempting to change the wrong parameter.
--Allen
--Allen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds