- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
License questions
Is there a page to explain the license for Essentials/Business?
Do I need a license for each website I set up? If so, what if I have a https area on a http site? Does the license expire?
And what if I want to set up a demo site? Would this need another license?
Thanks for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The license page is there:
www.hikashop.com/en/license-agreement.html
The license do not expire, you can use HikaShop on several websites, no problem with HTTPS or a demo website.
However, the subscription you get when you buy Hikashop is limited to 1 website for 1 year. Which means that the support, new updates and services like the cron task that are provided with HikaShop when you buy it are limited to 1 website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Since September, 27th 2011, all products you can find on our website are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I was wondering if after 4 years the license for the business edition still doesn't expire.
Does it mean that I have only one year free updates?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes. You can use your current version of HikaShop for as long as you want. However, once the 1 year free updates period expires, you don't have access to new versions and you can either renew your subscription for one more year to get the updates again or stay with the version you have and continue using your shop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Regards,
Ganesamoorthy
Project Coordinator @ minminiweb.in
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The renewal fee is only 60€ instead of the 100€ of the initial price.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What about security vulnerabilities?
There are 2 kinds of updates: feature updates, and oh-f**k updates.
If I have a license that is 23 months old (expired for 11 months), and someone hacks your private parts, do I have to pay you money to get the security fix?
Thanks love.
Davey.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In 7 years, we had just one security issue and you can see how we are dealing with them.
www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_co...&view=article&id=269
We extended the expired subscriptions of all our commercial editions of HikaShop
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.