- Posts: 92
- Thank you received: 1
Add text to product listing page
14 years 8 months ago #33988
by mortk1
Add text to product listing page was created by mortk1
I want to insert a paragraph of text at the top of each products listing page above the product thumbnails.
How can I do this?
How can I do this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34033
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add text to product listing page
If that's the same text all the time, you could edit the file "listing" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views to add your text at the top.
Otherwise, you could turn on the "show description" option of your modules/menus via the menu Display>content modules/menus and add a different text for each categories of your shop.
Otherwise, you could turn on the "show description" option of your modules/menus via the menu Display>content modules/menus and add a different text for each categories of your shop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34109
by mortk1
Replied by mortk1 on topic Re: Add text to product listing page
Thank you for your quick response.
A few follow-up questions please:
1) If for example I wanted to place the text: "My Text" at the top of each product listing page, what new code should I add to the "listing" file and where would I place this code?
2) Once I have turned on the "show description" option of the modules/menus via the menu Display>Content menus, where would I go to place the text that I want to add?
A few follow-up questions please:
1) If for example I wanted to place the text: "My Text" at the top of each product listing page, what new code should I add to the "listing" file and where would I place this code?
2) Once I have turned on the "show description" option of the modules/menus via the menu Display>Content menus, where would I go to place the text that I want to add?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34148
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Add text to product listing page
1. You could add the text "My Text" directly at the beginning of that listing view file.
2. In the menu Products->Categories, edit the corresponding category and add it in the description of the category.
2. In the menu Products->Categories, edit the corresponding category and add it in the description of the category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34234
by mortk1
Replied by mortk1 on topic Re: Add text to product listing page
This is great...thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds