- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 2
HikaShop credit card payment plugin
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #36009
by obsolum
HikaShop credit card payment plugin was created by obsolum
Hi,
Do I need any other plugins or subscriptions anywhere to use this plugin? Because obviously when using this payment method the credit card numbers will have to be checked against a database somewhere. Is this free? Can I use this HikaShop plugin out of the box and it will work? Or how does this work exactly. Does it credit the card owner's account automatically, like when using Paypal? Or do I have to perform the transaction myself using the supplied credit card information?
Thanks.
Do I need any other plugins or subscriptions anywhere to use this plugin? Because obviously when using this payment method the credit card numbers will have to be checked against a database somewhere. Is this free? Can I use this HikaShop plugin out of the box and it will work? Or how does this work exactly. Does it credit the card owner's account automatically, like when using Paypal? Or do I have to perform the transaction myself using the supplied credit card information?
Thanks.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by obsolum.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36048
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: HikaShop credit card payment plugin
Hi,
That plugin only collect the credit card information of the customer. Then, you can process the transaction yourself on your end manually.
If you want the transactions to happen automatically, you should use one of the payment gateway plugins we provide. For example, the PayPal Pro plugin will display the same interface for the credit card information during the checkout but the transaction will happen automatically at the end of the checkout via PayPal servers.
That plugin only collect the credit card information of the customer. Then, you can process the transaction yourself on your end manually.
If you want the transactions to happen automatically, you should use one of the payment gateway plugins we provide. For example, the PayPal Pro plugin will display the same interface for the credit card information during the checkout but the transaction will happen automatically at the end of the checkout via PayPal servers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #36088
by obsolum
Replied by obsolum on topic Re: HikaShop credit card payment plugin
Okay, thanks for the answer. That's what I expected.
I already use the normal Paypal plugin. How is the Paypal Pro different? Does it not require the customer to have a Paypal account? Ie., he can just use his credit card to pay without signing into a Paypal account? Is that a service I have to pay or register for with Paypal then, or can I just enable the plugin and use it like that?
I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, I've only ever used Paypal methods and thought anything else required a paid subscription with payment gateways.
EDIT: nevermind, just looked at it and it just requires a Paypal Pro account. I'm not sure our company has that yet but I'll look into it.
Thanks again for the answers.
I already use the normal Paypal plugin. How is the Paypal Pro different? Does it not require the customer to have a Paypal account? Ie., he can just use his credit card to pay without signing into a Paypal account? Is that a service I have to pay or register for with Paypal then, or can I just enable the plugin and use it like that?
I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, I've only ever used Paypal methods and thought anything else required a paid subscription with payment gateways.
EDIT: nevermind, just looked at it and it just requires a Paypal Pro account. I'm not sure our company has that yet but I'll look into it.
Thanks again for the answers.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by obsolum.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36092
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: HikaShop credit card payment plugin
Indeed, it does not require the user to have a PayPal account and everything happens on your website. In fact, even the normal PayPal plugin does not require that if you have a paypal business account (there is a small link on the paypal page to directly enter the credit card information without creating a paypal account).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #36094
by obsolum
Replied by obsolum on topic Re: HikaShop credit card payment plugin
Ah, perfect, I don't need the Paypal Pro plugin then.
Thanks!
I'll be upgrading to the Business version next week.
Thanks!
I'll be upgrading to the Business version next week.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds