Skip to main content

Issue: Coupon percentage applies to product only

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #36828 by vanboke
I have a client with 97 products spread across 35 or so categories. Many of the products existing in multiple categories. They have a feature request for restrictions on coupon codes.

They have the need to target coupon codes to only certain products, and have only those products get discounted at checkout. With the way coupon restrictions work now, all it takes is one product from the category the coupon is restricted to in the cart, and the whole order is discounted.

Can coupon code restrictions be reworked so that discounts will only apply to the products in the categories that the coupon code is restricted to?

Thanks for the wonderful work on the best shopping cart for Joomla!
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by vanboke. Reason: Changing subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #36968 by nicolas
Such option is already available in HikaShop since version 1.5.5.

Coupon percentage applies to product only : When a percentage is entered for the coupon and that a product or a category is selected for the coupon, if you activate that option, the coupon value will be based on the price of that product in the cart or on the sum of prices of all the products of the cart which are in that category.

www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-discount-form.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #37016 by vanboke
I actually wasn't aware of that function. So I just tried it, and it doesn't work for me.

I have a coupon for 20% off set to be for only one category of products, and I have the "Coupon percentage applies to product only" flag set to yes.

If I add a product with a price of $500, that is from that category, and I apply the coupon code, I get a discount of $100. That is correct. If I then change the cart and add in several items from another category that total $100, the discount is now $120. The discount is still being applied to the whole cart, not just the items in the category associated with the coupon code.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #37178 by nicolas
Could you do a screenshot of your coupon settings?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #37200 by vanboke
Here it is:

I should also mention that I am running 1.5.5 at the moment. I haven't upgraded to 1.5.6 yet.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by vanboke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #37333 by nicolas
You should upgrade to 1.5.6 and that should solve the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #37344 by vanboke
I just upgraded to 1.5.6 and unfortunately it didn't help. The coupon is still being applied to the whole cart. Any other ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #37345 by nicolas
We made a change to fix that today so please redownload it from our website (and make sure that your browser didn't cache it from before) and reinstall it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #37347 by vanboke
That did it. I am all set now. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum