- Posts: 234
- Thank you received: 4
Not receiving order confirmation e-mail
14 years 7 months ago #38123
by mad-q
Not receiving order confirmation e-mail was created by mad-q
I have setup a test product and have placed an order. Joomla has half of the details but I am not receiving an e-mail saying there is an order with the other half of the details.
Simple question perhaps..
I don't know where the settings are so any help would be greatly received.
Thanks
Iain
Simple question perhaps..
I don't know where the settings are so any help would be greatly received.
Thanks
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38132
by hdracing
Replied by hdracing on topic Re: Not receiving order confirmation e-mail
Hi mad-q,
I'm sure Nicolas will chime in if it's more complicated than this, but did you set the Sender Email information on the System/Configuration/Email screen?
Regards,
Ed
I'm sure Nicolas will chime in if it's more complicated than this, but did you set the Sender Email information on the System/Configuration/Email screen?
Regards,
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #38143
by thoman
Every day is a good day.
Replied by thoman on topic Re: Not receiving order confirmation e-mail
Hi mad q
Email setting suppose to be at the main configuration, to the email tab. Joomla configuration should be set to php mailer and considering you are not using other service.
Email setting suppose to be at the main configuration, to the email tab. Joomla configuration should be set to php mailer and considering you are not using other service.
Every day is a good day.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by thoman.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38157
by mad-q
Replied by mad-q on topic Re: Not receiving order confirmation e-mail
See, that is what I thought. But when ever I place an order I don't receive an e-mail as either the customer or the supplier.
Cheers.
Cheers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38158
by thoman
Every day is a good day.
Replied by thoman on topic Re: Not receiving order confirmation e-mail
I do have this problem before when switching to a google app mail, all email notification not working, switching to default joomla and walla all the notification working fine.
I am testing this on a latest 2.5 version.
Have to wait for the pro...
I am testing this on a latest 2.5 version.
Have to wait for the pro...
Every day is a good day.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38269
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Not receiving order confirmation e-mail
So you're saying that you're not receiving any emails ?
Are you receiving Joomla emails ? (you can test with the mass email feature of joomla).
If you don't receive joomla emails either, it means that you didn't configure the emails options of joomla properly in the joomla configuration. You should ask your hosting company what settings to use in there.
If you receive the joomla emails but not hikashop's, then it means that you have a problem with the settings in the email tab of the configuration of HikaShop. Again, you should ask your hosting company what settings to use in there (for the right side of that option tab)
Are you receiving Joomla emails ? (you can test with the mass email feature of joomla).
If you don't receive joomla emails either, it means that you didn't configure the emails options of joomla properly in the joomla configuration. You should ask your hosting company what settings to use in there.
If you receive the joomla emails but not hikashop's, then it means that you have a problem with the settings in the email tab of the configuration of HikaShop. Again, you should ask your hosting company what settings to use in there (for the right side of that option tab)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #38420
by mad-q
Replied by mad-q on topic Re: Not receiving order confirmation e-mail
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by mad-q.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38421
by mad-q
Replied by mad-q on topic Re: Not receiving order confirmation e-mail
Ahhh, I think it may have been the fact I had left the Bounce Address empty.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #38557
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Not receiving order confirmation e-mail
Turn off the 'add names' option. If that still doesn't work, try to change the charset to the ISO charset of your language. If that still doesn't work, please send that screenshot to your hosting company and ask them why your emails are not sending with these settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds