- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
How do I style the product detail page
- webfoundry
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 6 months ago #42154
by webfoundry
How do I style the product detail page was created by webfoundry
Hi,
Enjoying using Hikashop - what a breath of fresh air after Virtumart!!
Anyhow, my progress has halted... I'm stuck on trying to change the display of the product detail page. I've been through all the config options but cannot see anyway to get the elements of the page (image, description, price, add to cart button) to position close to what I require. I am hoping to have the product image on the left, then the product name, price, description and add to cart button to the right of the image (effectively a two column layout). I only have HTML/CSS skills so trying to do this without risking breaking any of the php views. Is this possible without hacking the PHP?
Thanks,
Phil
Enjoying using Hikashop - what a breath of fresh air after Virtumart!!
Anyhow, my progress has halted... I'm stuck on trying to change the display of the product detail page. I've been through all the config options but cannot see anyway to get the elements of the page (image, description, price, add to cart button) to position close to what I require. I am hoping to have the product image on the left, then the product name, price, description and add to cart button to the right of the image (effectively a two column layout). I only have HTML/CSS skills so trying to do this without risking breaking any of the php views. Is this possible without hacking the PHP?
Thanks,
Phil
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #42346
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I style the product detail page
Hi,
You will have to edit the file "show_default" via the Display->Views menu. From what I understand, all you need is to move the bottom and top part code inside the right part area and that will display like your want.
You will have to edit the file "show_default" via the Display->Views menu. From what I understand, all you need is to move the bottom and top part code inside the right part area and that will display like your want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- webfoundry
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago #42502
by webfoundry
Replied by webfoundry on topic Re: How do I style the product detail page
Many thanks Nicolas, that was really helpful. One further step forward now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44462
by LemonChip
Replied by LemonChip on topic Re: How do I style the product detail page
Hey I'm also trying to achieve this exact same layout... I've found the area I need to edit, and I think I can see the parts of code I need to shift but the result is never correct. Would you possibly be able to show exactly the code modifications to make?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44580
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How do I style the product detail page
You can just look at the name of the divs and move them accordingly.
For example, for the top, you can cut the code:
and paste it just after:
For example, for the top, you can cut the code:
Code:
<div id="hikashop_product_left_part" class="hikashop_product_left_part">
<?php
$this->row = & $this->element;
$this->setLayout('show_block_img');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
</div>
Code:
<div id="hikashop_product_right_part" class="hikashop_product_right_part">
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds