- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 2
Menu links not working for product listing
- freemanbob
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I migrated to a new test server:
- exportd hikashop tables
- ftped the content from media/com_hikashop to the new server
- installed upgrade to 'business'
Every thing within the hikashop seems fine, I can see all the products etc.
The joomla menus work for everything other than hikashop components?
The path name that is created seems to add an additional level, what I mean is instead of:
www.mysite.com/index.php/categoryname
I get www.mysite.com/index.php/Banners/categoryname I then get an error because the link in the menu is pointing to something that does not exist.
I have looked everywhere to find the reference to the Banners folder but there is none in any of the products, nor the categories nor the hikashop config so how is the additional folder called Banners being added by either joomla or hikashops. I should mention again that the menus work for all other linked items except hikashop components.
Please advise
Bob
[attachment:1]hikashopmenus.PNG[/attachment]
[attachment:2]hikashopmenusSettings.PNG[/attachment]
[attachment:3]joomlamenusettings.PNG[/attachment]
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That would help to see what you did. A link to the page would also help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- freemanbob
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 2
shiningbrightly.co.uk/redlion/index.php/pub-grub-home the menu on the left is the hikashop product listings except the 'Pub Grub Home' link.
see attached images:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- freemanbob
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 2
shiningbrightly.co.uk/redlion/index.php/pub-grub-home the menu on the left is the hikashop product listings except the 'Pub Grub Home' link.
see attached images:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- freemanbob
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 2
shiningbrightly.co.uk/redlion/index.php/pub-grub-home the menu on the left is the hikashop product listings except the 'Pub Grub Home' link.
see attached images:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- freemanbob
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 2
shiningbrightly.co.uk/redlion/index.php/pub-grub-home the menu on the left is the hikashop product listings except the 'Pub Grub Home' link.
see attached images:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- freemanbob
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 2
shiningbrightly.co.uk/redlion/index.php/pub-grub-home the menu on the left is the hikashop product listings except the 'Pub Grub Home' link.
see attached images:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- freemanbob
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 2
shiningbrightly.co.uk/redlion/index.php/pub-grub-home the menu on the left is the hikashop product listings except the 'Pub Grub Home' link.
see attached images:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- freemanbob
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 2
shiningbrightly.co.uk/redlion/index.php/pub-grub-home the menu on the left is the hikashop product listings except the 'Pub Grub Home' link.
see attached images:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- freemanbob
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 2
shiningbrightly.co.uk/redlion/index.php/pub-grub-home the menu on the left is the hikashop product listings except the 'Pub Grub Home' link.
see attached images:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- freemanbob
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 2
shiningbrightly.co.uk/redlion/index.php/pub-grub-home the menu on the left is the hikashop product listings except the 'Pub Grub Home' link.
see attached images:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. You don't use the default SEF system of joomla and the SEF extension you're using has cached the old SEFed URLs. Clearing the cache of the extension might help (if you use sh404sef for example).
2. It might be related to the SEF product/category name options in the main tab of the configuration of HikaShop. You should check them.
3. What if you delete a menu and create a new one identical to the old one ? That might solve the problem...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- freemanbob
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 2
I got it working by setting joomla SEF to 'no' but I want to use SEF how can this be fixed.
I have included the setting for both hika and joomla, these settings produce the error:
When I turn the joomla SEF of it work, Why would Hikashop not sync with joomla to show SEF paths?
I await your solution.
sincerely
freemanbob
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- freemanbob
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 2
I just realised one of my posts has posted 9 times, it was not my intention to do that, sorry.
I tried to delete but don't seem to have to ability to delete my own posts?
Please feel free to delete all but one.
sincerely
freemanbob
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I had this problem and found a very easy solution: Just restored an "older" and "valid" .htaccess file. this file was changed (I think by joomla) and links were broken. Now everything is OK.
I know this is an old topic, just want to help guys who will face this problem in the future, like me!
Sincerely,
Mohammad.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.