- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 0
Changes in show_default.php don´t saves
- Micke_skane
-
Topic Author
- Offline
If I makes same changes in show_default.php about witch order I want the characterist and price for the product to be in and click "Save" and Joomla tells my, "Saves succed" but in the frontend it´s still not done any changes!
How can that be?
For an example:
If I have add some text in show_default.php, beside a div-element, and then erase the text and saves it again It´s still on the webbpage in frontend.
It doesn´t makes any different if I changes the file within the ftp-software or in the backend Product -> Show -> show_default.php
Just be sure, the show_default.php are the product-page for a Hikashop-product?
Edit: Adding som code!
View source webbpage frontend:
And in quantity.php I create the h5-element above the quantity-field.
/Micke
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also, sometimes, the codemirror editor can cause such problems. Try to deactivate its plugin in the joomla plugins manager.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Micke_skane
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 0
That´s solved the problem! This little problem/solution wasn´t in the documentionAlso, sometimes, the codemirror editor can cause such problems. Try to deactivate its plugin in the joomla plugins manager.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have tried the options mentioned above. The changes I submit are saved and disabling/enabling codemirror seems to have no effect. (I wasn't using an editor anyway.)
When viewing the frontend, the changes to show_default.php are not reflected for the template I'm using. I edited show_default.php for ALL templates just to see if any of them would work. I changed the template defaults for each. There is no effect for any template, not even the default ones that are included with Joomla!.
Ultimately, I don't want the product code to show up on the same bolded heading as the product name. Again, the changes are saved when I return to editing show_default.php but the frontend shows no changes.
Any ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just to test things out, I tried to insert a break between the product name and the product code using <br />. I also added a style attribute to the product code with color gold.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should turn off the span processing in that case.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
nicolas wrote: If you're using a rockettheme template, the span processing of the template removes all the attributes of the tags in the h1 tag. You should turn off the span processing in that case.
How do I turn off span processing? Will this affect other parts of the site?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It might affect the style of the title of the pages if you were using the span processing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for your help thus far.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you edit the file "show" of a previous release and then updated ? That would explain why your modifications to show_default don't change anything. And in that case, you should do the same modifications in the "show" file of the view "product"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
turn off the option in your template
change the file (if the file change doesn't work even with codemirror turned off, it's either that you're not editing the correct file for the correct template or that your access rights to the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop don't allow joomla to write the override file).
There is no other solution.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.