Skip to main content

Hikashop Layout with custom fields

More
14 years 4 months ago #48976 by neil@sm.co.za
I am Building a Real estate website with Hikashop business. I would like to use the custom fields but I cannot het the layout right.
I did look for a tutorial but could not find it. Is the following lay out with custom fields possible is Hikashop?
The bottom layout is the one i would like to have.
The top layout is the current layout.

Thanks Neil

the

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #49050 by nicolas
It's possible yes, but you will have to change the code of the product view files.
The custom fields are displayed by the file "show_block_custom_main" which is displayed inside the file "show_default" where the different elements of the product page are displayed.
You can edit these view files via the menu Display->Views.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #49334 by neil@sm.co.za
Hi Nicolas,

I had a look at the code on the show_default and show_block_custom_main files. Unfortunately I am not a php developer myself and although I'm quite familiar with HTML and CSS - I'm not able to figure it out. My first question is how do I split the Specifications section with my custom fields in two or will I have to create two different types of custom fields? Second question, if/now that I'm able to split my custom fields into two sections how do I now move these around with CSS? Can you just send me an example or two?

Highly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #49399 by nicolas
the simplest will be to copy/paste the code from show_block_custom_main to show_default and then add a counter in the foreach like that:
$i=0;
foreach(...){
$i++;
if($i>10 continue;
....
}

on our foreach, you use a < and on the other you use a >

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum