- Posts: 279
- Thank you received: 1
All characteristics showing up in every product
- trogladyte
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #49758
by trogladyte
All characteristics showing up in every product was created by trogladyte
I added a whole bunch of colors and 4 sizes for a clothing shop. I then added the first product. Added the 2 variants. Went to manage variants. Checked all the variants I didn't want shown and Unpublished. Looked at the front end and every single variation shows. What have I done wrong?
I have a client meeting tomorrow and basically nothing to show as I have spent dozens of hours on this extension already. Need some urgent help please!!
EDIT: OK, I found I had to delete the ones I don't want (cumbersome and very slow). I deleted some I shouldn't have and cannot understand how to add back in, although all 3 sizes have all their 8 colors showing on the front end. I'm guessing that some selections will not have a Code if selected. So that is a major problem.
I'm hoping there is some quick fix.
I have a client meeting tomorrow and basically nothing to show as I have spent dozens of hours on this extension already. Need some urgent help please!!
EDIT: OK, I found I had to delete the ones I don't want (cumbersome and very slow). I deleted some I shouldn't have and cannot understand how to add back in, although all 3 sizes have all their 8 colors showing on the front end. I'm guessing that some selections will not have a Code if selected. So that is a major problem.
I'm hoping there is some quick fix.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by trogladyte.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49879
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: All characteristics showing up in every product
Hi,
Yes, you need to delete the variants you don't need.
If you want the system to recreate the variants you deleted, delete them all, remove the characteristics, save the product, and add them back. That will regerenate the variants.
Please note that you can also use options or custom fields in order to display dropdown selections on the product page.
The principle of each feature is different. Each one being adapted to a different use. Maybe you're not using the correct feature for what you want ?
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html
Yes, you need to delete the variants you don't need.
If you want the system to recreate the variants you deleted, delete them all, remove the characteristics, save the product, and add them back. That will regerenate the variants.
Please note that you can also use options or custom fields in order to display dropdown selections on the product page.
The principle of each feature is different. Each one being adapted to a different use. Maybe you're not using the correct feature for what you want ?
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds