- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 0
Limit article to once only in cart/ System Message
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #49868
by lwlbar
Limit article to once only in cart/ System Message was created by lwlbar
Hi,
Is it possible/how would it be possible to limit an article being placed in the cart to a maximum of once only. Quantity isn't the issue - its only allowing an article to enter once.
regards
Luke
Is it possible/how would it be possible to limit an article being placed in the cart to a maximum of once only. Quantity isn't the issue - its only allowing an article to enter once.
regards
Luke
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by lwlbar.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 4 months ago #49934
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Limit article to once only in cart/ System Message
Hello,
Yes it's possible, you'll just have to :
- go to "Hikashop -> products -> 'Your product'"
- set the "Maximum quantity per order" field to 1 and save
Hope this will help you.
Yes it's possible, you'll just have to :
- go to "Hikashop -> products -> 'Your product'"
- set the "Maximum quantity per order" field to 1 and save
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50011
by lwlbar
Replied by lwlbar on topic Re: Limit article to once only in cart/ System Message
Hi,
I know about this, setting a product maximum quantity. The problem is that I have have done this, but I have products who's quantities are variants. eg product1: 100, product1: 200, product1:300 etc
Using the maximum quantity (in this case set to one) means that the user can add only once product1: 100, but it is still possible to add product:1 with a DIFFERENT variant eg; product1: 200.
I hope this makes sense
if you would like to see the working example let me know....
kind regards,
Luke
I know about this, setting a product maximum quantity. The problem is that I have have done this, but I have products who's quantities are variants. eg product1: 100, product1: 200, product1:300 etc
Using the maximum quantity (in this case set to one) means that the user can add only once product1: 100, but it is still possible to add product:1 with a DIFFERENT variant eg; product1: 200.
I hope this makes sense
if you would like to see the working example let me know....
kind regards,
Luke
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50029
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Limit article to once only in cart/ System Message
That option will indeed limit the quantity in the cart per variant if you have characteristics attached to your product.
That's the normal behaviour so far.
I see that we have min and max fields for both products and variants. So it would be more logical if the option in the product would rule on all the variants in the cart while the min and max fields for the variant itself would rule only the variant quantity in the cart. We'll change that for next release. The modification is not simple and it need proper testing before using it so I can't just give it like that though.
That's the normal behaviour so far.
I see that we have min and max fields for both products and variants. So it would be more logical if the option in the product would rule on all the variants in the cart while the min and max fields for the variant itself would rule only the variant quantity in the cart. We'll change that for next release. The modification is not simple and it need proper testing before using it so I can't just give it like that though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds