- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 1
[SOLVED] Product list wont show up
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #50690
by bellaD
[SOLVED] Product list wont show up was created by bellaD
Hello
I have been following your tutorials about how to create a menu which showes products in specific category.
What happens, is that it wont save anything I do, it always goes back to default after saving.
I was able to get categorie view to show up, and from there click the category, to see the products, but that is not what I need, and now the menu wont even let me save or show up anything in a Gategory view
I hope someone can explain or knows if I need to clear or clean something to get this to work?
other than this, I really like the simplicity of this component.
I have been following your tutorials about how to create a menu which showes products in specific category.
What happens, is that it wont save anything I do, it always goes back to default after saving.
I was able to get categorie view to show up, and from there click the category, to see the products, but that is not what I need, and now the menu wont even let me save or show up anything in a Gategory view
I hope someone can explain or knows if I need to clear or clean something to get this to work?
other than this, I really like the simplicity of this component.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by bellaD.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50694
by bellaD
Replied by bellaD on topic Re: Product list wont show up
I have uninstalled this component and reinstalled, dropped all tables but still get into trouble trying to get any products to show up.
Too bad, because I like working with this cart in the admin area, it is very easy and simple, but obviously I cant use it if it wont let me display any menus, with products.
Wish someone could take the time to read this and perhaps help out.
I have uninstalled everything again, ready to try some other extension, but want to wait for a bit to see if anyone can help first.
Btw. I tried a few times to follow the documentation completely, and it wont let me save correctly, and it also gives blank page in the fronted which is very hard to fix.
Too bad, because I like working with this cart in the admin area, it is very easy and simple, but obviously I cant use it if it wont let me display any menus, with products.
Wish someone could take the time to read this and perhaps help out.
I have uninstalled everything again, ready to try some other extension, but want to wait for a bit to see if anyone can help first.
Btw. I tried a few times to follow the documentation completely, and it wont let me save correctly, and it also gives blank page in the fronted which is very hard to fix.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50741
by bellaD
Replied by bellaD on topic Re: Product list wont show up
I had to uninstall, dump all db tables and reinstall and start from scratch.
after reading some posts, I tried this time to use Chrome but not FF
I set the store offline while saving configuration and then finally the menus worked
after reading some posts, I tried this time to use Chrome but not FF
I set the store offline while saving configuration and then finally the menus worked
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #50784
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product list wont show up
The saving of options screens can sometimes (on some servers, in some strange cases that we are not able to reproduce) not work at first because of the browser's cache/cookies.
Using another browser should work. Also, clearing the cookies/cache of the browser should help too in such cases.
I'm glad it now works for you.
Using another browser should work. Also, clearing the cookies/cache of the browser should help too in such cases.
I'm glad it now works for you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds