- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Manage Inventory
14 years 3 months ago #52669
by hipodav
Manage Inventory was created by hipodav
Hai Nicolas,
I sell a personalized tee and I want to manage the stock inventory.
For example I have several picture designs to be printed in the tee: Picture A, Picture B, etc
Each picture has their own variances.
Picture A - Design Color : White or Red
Picture B - Design Color : Green or Yellow
So I'll make 2 products : Picture A and Picture B.
In each product I make several characteristics.
For example on Picture A
1. Design Color : White or Red
2. Tee Option : T-Shirt or Baby Jumper
3. Size Option : XS, S, M, L and XL
4. Color Opton : White, Red, Pink, Green and Blue
For example on Picture B
1. Design Color : Green or Yellow
2. Tee Option : T-Shirt or Baby Jumper
3. Size Option : XS, S, M, L and XL
4. Color Opton : White, Red, Pink, Green and Blue
I need to control the inventory for the stock of T-Shirt and Baby Jumper (by size and by color).
Do you have any ideas how to do that?
Thanks Nicolas.
Regards
Dav
I sell a personalized tee and I want to manage the stock inventory.
For example I have several picture designs to be printed in the tee: Picture A, Picture B, etc
Each picture has their own variances.
Picture A - Design Color : White or Red
Picture B - Design Color : Green or Yellow
So I'll make 2 products : Picture A and Picture B.
In each product I make several characteristics.
For example on Picture A
1. Design Color : White or Red
2. Tee Option : T-Shirt or Baby Jumper
3. Size Option : XS, S, M, L and XL
4. Color Opton : White, Red, Pink, Green and Blue
For example on Picture B
1. Design Color : Green or Yellow
2. Tee Option : T-Shirt or Baby Jumper
3. Size Option : XS, S, M, L and XL
4. Color Opton : White, Red, Pink, Green and Blue
I need to control the inventory for the stock of T-Shirt and Baby Jumper (by size and by color).
Do you have any ideas how to do that?
Thanks Nicolas.
Regards
Dav
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 3 months ago #52753
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Manage Inventory
Hello Dav,
I think that you can do it by managing variants of your product in your product page and controling the quantity of each variant.
Hope this will help you a little.
I think that you can do it by managing variants of your product in your product page and controling the quantity of each variant.
Hope this will help you a little.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52767
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Manage Inventory
Yes, Mohamed is right. You can use characteristics for that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
With the "manage variants" button of the product edition page, you will be able to set the stock for each variant of the product.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
With the "manage variants" button of the product edition page, you will be able to set the stock for each variant of the product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52782
by hipodav
Replied by hipodav on topic Re: Manage Inventory
Hai Mohamed and Nicolas,
Thanks for your fast response, appreciate it!
Well, it's not exactly what I mean.
Let's start with example.
I have a webstore selling personalized tee.
Let's assume that I have 5 pcs of blank t shirts as my inventory :
1. 1 pcs Size XS Color White
2. 1 pcs size S Color Red
3. 1 pcs size M Color Red
4. 2 pcs size M Color Pink
I have 2 designs as my product. Later, I'll print the design into my blank t-shirt.
So I created 2 product :
1. Product A - Design Car
2. Product B - Design House
For each product, I create the variant.
1. Product A - Design Car
Variant 1 : T-Shirt Size - XS, S, M, L and XL (Customer can choose the size of T Shirt)
Variant 2 : T-Shirt Color - White, Red, Pink, Blue (Customer can choose the color of T Shirt)
2. Product B - Design House
Variant 1 : T-Shirt Size - XS, S, M, L and XL (Customer can choose the size of T Shirt)
Variant 2 : T-Shirt Color - White, Red, Pink, Blue (Customer can choose the color of T Shirt)
How should I manage my inventory (blank t-shirt) to each variant? I have 40 variants, but I only have 5 pcs of blank t-shirt.
How can I share the same blank t-shirt to each product variant?
So when cutomer buy 1 pcs of Product A, XS, White, then my inventory of blank t-shirt (size XS color White) will also be minus 1?
Do you get what I mean?
Do you have any idea how should I manage the product, the variant and the inventory?
Thanks much Mohamed and Nicolas.
Regards
Dav
Thanks for your fast response, appreciate it!
Well, it's not exactly what I mean.
Let's start with example.
I have a webstore selling personalized tee.
Let's assume that I have 5 pcs of blank t shirts as my inventory :
1. 1 pcs Size XS Color White
2. 1 pcs size S Color Red
3. 1 pcs size M Color Red
4. 2 pcs size M Color Pink
I have 2 designs as my product. Later, I'll print the design into my blank t-shirt.
So I created 2 product :
1. Product A - Design Car
2. Product B - Design House
For each product, I create the variant.
1. Product A - Design Car
Variant 1 : T-Shirt Size - XS, S, M, L and XL (Customer can choose the size of T Shirt)
Variant 2 : T-Shirt Color - White, Red, Pink, Blue (Customer can choose the color of T Shirt)
2. Product B - Design House
Variant 1 : T-Shirt Size - XS, S, M, L and XL (Customer can choose the size of T Shirt)
Variant 2 : T-Shirt Color - White, Red, Pink, Blue (Customer can choose the color of T Shirt)
How should I manage my inventory (blank t-shirt) to each variant? I have 40 variants, but I only have 5 pcs of blank t-shirt.
How can I share the same blank t-shirt to each product variant?
So when cutomer buy 1 pcs of Product A, XS, White, then my inventory of blank t-shirt (size XS color White) will also be minus 1?
Do you get what I mean?
Do you have any idea how should I manage the product, the variant and the inventory?
Thanks much Mohamed and Nicolas.
Regards
Dav
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 3 months ago #52796
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Manage Inventory
Hi Dav,
My idea would be to :
- Create ONE product named "Blank T-shirt" for example
- set the quantity to 5
- Create a new caracteristc named "Design" for example
- Add all caracterstics to your product named "Blank T-shirt"
Like this, I think that you'll be able to manage your stock easly.
My idea would be to :
- Create ONE product named "Blank T-shirt" for example
- set the quantity to 5
- Create a new caracteristc named "Design" for example
- Add all caracterstics to your product named "Blank T-shirt"
Like this, I think that you'll be able to manage your stock easly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52874
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Manage Inventory
If you don't want to handle a different stock for one characteristic of a product, you should not use a characteristic but an option or a custom item field:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52892
by hipodav
Replied by hipodav on topic Re: Manage Inventory
Hai Nicolas,
I'm trying to use options. But option only can have 1 characteristic.
While in my case, I have several characteristic for my option.
I make 1 product (Design Car) and 2 options:
1. Option TShirt Size (with 5 characteristic - XS, S, M, L and XL)
2. Option TShirt Color (with 4 characteristic - White, Red, Pink and Blue)
While for inventory, the size and the color is related. So the stock should be :
1. TShirt Size XS Color White
2. TShirt Size S Color White
3. TShirt Size M Color White
4. TShirt Size L Color White
5. TShirt Size XL Color White
6. TShirt Size S Color Red
7. etc
8. etc
|
|
20. TShirt Size XL Color Blue
Should I make these as 1 options : TShirt Size/Color? So in the options there will be 20 items dropdown?
Is there another way so I can separate it into TShirt Size (with 5 dropdown - XS, S, M, L and XL) and TShirt Color (with 4 dropdown - White, Red, Pink and Blue), but the inventory management is still working?
Thanks much Nicolas
Regards
Dav
I'm trying to use options. But option only can have 1 characteristic.
While in my case, I have several characteristic for my option.
I make 1 product (Design Car) and 2 options:
1. Option TShirt Size (with 5 characteristic - XS, S, M, L and XL)
2. Option TShirt Color (with 4 characteristic - White, Red, Pink and Blue)
While for inventory, the size and the color is related. So the stock should be :
1. TShirt Size XS Color White
2. TShirt Size S Color White
3. TShirt Size M Color White
4. TShirt Size L Color White
5. TShirt Size XL Color White
6. TShirt Size S Color Red
7. etc
8. etc
|
|
20. TShirt Size XL Color Blue
Should I make these as 1 options : TShirt Size/Color? So in the options there will be 20 items dropdown?
Is there another way so I can separate it into TShirt Size (with 5 dropdown - XS, S, M, L and XL) and TShirt Color (with 4 dropdown - White, Red, Pink and Blue), but the inventory management is still working?
Thanks much Nicolas
Regards
Dav
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #52991
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Manage Inventory
Hi,
An option can have more than two values.
Just follow the instructions we have for them:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
Here is an example of uses of options and you can see that there is more than two values for some of them:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=91&lang=en
I invite you to look in the back end of the demo website to see how we configured that product and its options.
An option can have more than two values.
Just follow the instructions we have for them:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
Here is an example of uses of options and you can see that there is more than two values for some of them:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=91&lang=en
I invite you to look in the back end of the demo website to see how we configured that product and its options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds