- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 2
Adding variants - is there a way to duplicate?
- Astrostar59
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 3 months ago #55740
by Astrostar59
Adding variants - is there a way to duplicate? was created by Astrostar59
Hi
I have 5 glass board sizes. There are 9 colourways, then option of 2 mount types and option of magnetic backer. So I have 180 variants in total.
I have created 20 variants as a set for one of the colours. Is there a way to duplicate this set, and just go in and update the colour option.
I used CS Cart for some of my sites, and that had a product duplicate button. If I had a variant duplicate button I will save LOTS of time in managing
product variants!
I have 5 glass board sizes. There are 9 colourways, then option of 2 mount types and option of magnetic backer. So I have 180 variants in total.
I have created 20 variants as a set for one of the colours. Is there a way to duplicate this set, and just go in and update the colour option.
I used CS Cart for some of my sites, and that had a product duplicate button. If I had a variant duplicate button I will save LOTS of time in managing
product variants!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55776
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Adding variants - is there a way to duplicate?
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.
You should maybe not use characteristics for all the attributes of your product.
For example, if the "Panel colour" does not change the price of the product, you should use either an option or a custom item field:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html
They won't need any variant combination and thus reduce the amount of variants to manage whil still displaying roughly the same on the product page.
Thank you for your feedback.
You should maybe not use characteristics for all the attributes of your product.
For example, if the "Panel colour" does not change the price of the product, you should use either an option or a custom item field:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html
They won't need any variant combination and thus reduce the amount of variants to manage whil still displaying roughly the same on the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds