- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 1
Custom Field Downloads not working
- akcreation
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 3 months ago #55843
by akcreation
Custom Field Downloads not working was created by akcreation
Hi there,
On my website I am using a custom field file upload for each 'Item', so that people can upload images. The problem I am having is that when an order comes through (with a link to the images), when I click the link, instead of the images it directs me through to hikashop on my browser, where I then see the error message 'No Orders Found'.
I have seen from the documentation that the upload file needs to be set to writable, so I have gone and changed the relevant 'safe' folder to 777, however this has not solved the problem.
Any ideas what is wrong please?
Thanks a lot,
Keith
On my website I am using a custom field file upload for each 'Item', so that people can upload images. The problem I am having is that when an order comes through (with a link to the images), when I click the link, instead of the images it directs me through to hikashop on my browser, where I then see the error message 'No Orders Found'.
I have seen from the documentation that the upload file needs to be set to writable, so I have gone and changed the relevant 'safe' folder to 777, however this has not solved the problem.
Any ideas what is wrong please?
Thanks a lot,
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #55898
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom Field Downloads not working
Hi,
Could you give an example of link that you're trying to download ? And tell us from where you're trying to do that ?
An email ? Which one ? The back end ? Which menu ? The front end ?
Could you give an example of link that you're trying to download ? And tell us from where you're trying to do that ?
An email ? Which one ? The back end ? Which menu ? The front end ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- akcreation
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 2 months ago #56205
by akcreation
Replied by akcreation on topic Re: Custom Field Downloads not working
Hi Nicolas,
OK here is a link to a page on the website:
www.tenant4landlords.com/option-1
It is a property website, where users can upload the details of their properties, which are then sent by email to the site admin (this is what I use hikashop for), who then inputs the details into a real estate component in the back end, to then be displayed on the site. Here, you will see at the bottom of the form, the option to upload up to 10 images. When this product is purchased, an order email gets generated and sent to the site administrator with all of the details from the form (including links to the images). However, for some reason when you click the link on the images, instead of downloading the image, you get the problem as described in my previous message.
If you supply me with an email address I can send you the email so you can see for yourself. Can you possibly email me at keith.mason@akcreation.co.uk so that I can send forward the email / links to you?
Many thanks,
Keith
OK here is a link to a page on the website:
www.tenant4landlords.com/option-1
It is a property website, where users can upload the details of their properties, which are then sent by email to the site admin (this is what I use hikashop for), who then inputs the details into a real estate component in the back end, to then be displayed on the site. Here, you will see at the bottom of the form, the option to upload up to 10 images. When this product is purchased, an order email gets generated and sent to the site administrator with all of the details from the form (including links to the images). However, for some reason when you click the link on the images, instead of downloading the image, you get the problem as described in my previous message.
If you supply me with an email address I can send you the email so you can see for yourself. Can you possibly email me at keith.mason@akcreation.co.uk so that I can send forward the email / links to you?
Many thanks,
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56265
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom Field Downloads not working
You can send that via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html
Please also give a link to that thread.
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html
Please also give a link to that thread.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- akcreation
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 2 months ago #56273
by akcreation
Replied by akcreation on topic Re: Custom Field Downloads not working
thanks Nicolas, I have just emailed it to you using the contact form
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56325
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom Field Downloads not working
Please replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php and the file media/com_hikashop/mail/order_admin_notification.html.php by the ones attached and that should fix the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- akcreation
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 2 months ago #56364
by akcreation
Replied by akcreation on topic Re: Custom Field Downloads not working
Thank you Nicolas, I will install the new files and let you know how we get on
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- akcreation
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 2 months ago #56523
by akcreation
Replied by akcreation on topic Re: Custom Field Downloads not working
Hi Nicolas,
Unfortunately this has not worked - since I have put the new files in it has caused a new error. Now, after a user fills out the userform and then clicks add to cart, the page it directs to is broken (template doesn't work etc - I have attached a screen dump of it) and I get the following error message "Catchable fatal error: Object of class hikashopFile could not be converted to string in /mywebsite/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 1119"
As a result of this I have had to switch back to the old files otherwise my website is not working at all and people cannot buy anything.
Please can you urgently look into this for me.
Thanks very much,
Keith
Unfortunately this has not worked - since I have put the new files in it has caused a new error. Now, after a user fills out the userform and then clicks add to cart, the page it directs to is broken (template doesn't work etc - I have attached a screen dump of it) and I get the following error message "Catchable fatal error: Object of class hikashopFile could not be converted to string in /mywebsite/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 1119"
As a result of this I have had to switch back to the old files otherwise my website is not working at all and people cannot buy anything.
Please can you urgently look into this for me.
Thanks very much,
Keith
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #56567
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom Field Downloads not working
Please try with that field.php
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds