- Posts: 83
- Thank you received: 10
Custom fields at checkout
14 years 2 months ago #57192
by jrod
Custom fields at checkout was created by jrod
I've just made the plunge and bought the Business Edition.
I have set up two custom fields:
products table: text area for a particular set of products the customer needs to say where the equipment needs to be set up
user table: text area further information about the user
they are both published, and available front end
In the workflow I have added "Fields" as one of the areas
Nothing shows up.
Can you give me some guidance please.
I have set up two custom fields:
products table: text area for a particular set of products the customer needs to say where the equipment needs to be set up
user table: text area further information about the user
they are both published, and available front end
In the workflow I have added "Fields" as one of the areas
Nothing shows up.
Can you give me some guidance please.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #57209
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Custom fields at checkout
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Xavier.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #95238
by triochildcare
Replied by triochildcare on topic Custom fields at checkout
Hi, I'm brand new user (to both hikashop and joomla), I've got a similar question to this, however I only want the fields to be shown on the checkout for certain products (or ideally only for certain products bought belonging to certain categories).
For example for some items we may sell will require personal data such as date of birth. However I don't want to ask everyone for date of birth if they haven't purchased anything requiring it. I was hoping by adding a custom field using the category table will mean it shows in the checkout process only when a child product is within the order.
Suspecting I'm expecting a bit too much, any advice much appreciated, even if it's just confirmation that it's not possible. I'm using Hikashop Business.
Thanks
For example for some items we may sell will require personal data such as date of birth. However I don't want to ask everyone for date of birth if they haven't purchased anything requiring it. I was hoping by adding a custom field using the category table will mean it shows in the checkout process only when a child product is within the order.
Suspecting I'm expecting a bit too much, any advice much appreciated, even if it's just confirmation that it's not possible. I'm using Hikashop Business.
Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by triochildcare.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
13 years 6 months ago #95242
by triochildcare
Replied by triochildcare on topic Custom fields at checkout
Apologies, I've just found the proper documentation page for custom fields, and sussed out the Item table does exactly what I asked for, really happy it lets me link it to categories.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html
Have noticed the "Entry" table option isnt described on that page though.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html
Have noticed the "Entry" table option isnt described on that page though.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #95254
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom fields at checkout
It's to create an entry form:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/75-entry-listing.html
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/75-entry-listing.html
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds