- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 0
Showing Characteristics Drop down in Product listi
- rockstaran
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 1 month ago #60891
by rockstaran
Showing Characteristics Drop down in Product listi was created by rockstaran
Hello, for the product listing page (I am using joomla menu, and in the menu I am putting the Hikashop Content Module, to show all the products I have.
For each product I have different Characteristics, on the individual product page I have a drop down so the user can select which characteristic to add to cart.
I would like to know if its possible to show that Characteristic drop down for every product that is listed in the Content Module product listing? So the user can just pick the characteristic and add to cart directly from product listing page. Currently the product listing page just has a button saying "choose option", i want to show the drop down in stead, and add to cart.
Thank You in advance.
For each product I have different Characteristics, on the individual product page I have a drop down so the user can select which characteristic to add to cart.
I would like to know if its possible to show that Characteristic drop down for every product that is listed in the Content Module product listing? So the user can just pick the characteristic and add to cart directly from product listing page. Currently the product listing page just has a button saying "choose option", i want to show the drop down in stead, and add to cart.
Thank You in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #60971
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Showing Characteristics Drop down in Product listi
Hi rockstaran,
This functionality is not yet available in HikaShop.
It imply many code modifications.
This functionality is not yet available in HikaShop.
It imply many code modifications.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61011
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Showing Characteristics Drop down in Product listi
Note that if you don't need to handle different prices/stock/information per variants as characteristics allow you to do, you can use a custom field of the table "item" and the type "dropdown" on the products listing page instead of the characteristics dropdown.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rockstaran
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 1 month ago #61013
by rockstaran
I thought about the custom field but that will not work since I do need to handle different prices/stock/information. Have any suggestions programmatically to accomplish this?
What if I place:
<?php
$this->setLayout('show_block_charasteristic');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
In the Product Listing page so for every time the dropdown will show up?
Then I would have to figure out how to add the AddToCart button for each product instead of Choose Options.
Which file can I add the above code in? is it the listing.php file? I am using the Content Module to display the product listing
Replied by rockstaran on topic Re: Showing Characteristics Drop down in Product listi
Thank you for both responses,nicolas wrote: Note that if you don't need to handle different prices/stock/information per variants as characteristics allow you to do, you can use a custom field of the table "item" and the type "dropdown" on the products listing page instead of the characteristics dropdown.
I thought about the custom field but that will not work since I do need to handle different prices/stock/information. Have any suggestions programmatically to accomplish this?
What if I place:
<?php
$this->setLayout('show_block_charasteristic');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
In the Product Listing page so for every time the dropdown will show up?
Then I would have to figure out how to add the AddToCart button for each product instead of Choose Options.
Which file can I add the above code in? is it the listing.php file? I am using the Content Module to display the product listing
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rockstaran
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 1 month ago #61014
by rockstaran
Replied by rockstaran on topic Re: Showing Characteristics Drop down in Product listi
I found the file to edit, its listing_div.php
putting the code above did not produce the dropdown however, must be additional code that I need to grab from show_reversed.php. Any suggestions?
putting the code above did not produce the dropdown however, must be additional code that I need to grab from show_reversed.php. Any suggestions?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61066
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Showing Characteristics Drop down in Product listi
It's much more complex.
You will have to load all the characteristic/variant data of all the products of the listing in the listing function of the view.html.php file of the product view in order to have the same variant/characteristic data in each product, much like it's done for the show function.
If it was just a few lines of code, I would have given them to you but just of the show file, almost half of the several hundred lines of code for it is only there to handle variants... You will need even more code to properly handle that on listings. That's a big custom.
You will have to load all the characteristic/variant data of all the products of the listing in the listing function of the view.html.php file of the product view in order to have the same variant/characteristic data in each product, much like it's done for the show function.
If it was just a few lines of code, I would have given them to you but just of the show file, almost half of the several hundred lines of code for it is only there to handle variants... You will need even more code to properly handle that on listings. That's a big custom.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds