Skip to main content

Reviews on products?

More
15 years 8 months ago #6163 by lagourmandise
I was wondering if it was possible that my clients could ad some reviews to my products?
Alot of online stores give you the oppurtunity to ad your review, I was hoping I could do the same to my online store.
I think it would help my sales and give confidence to some new clients.

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #6164 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Reviews on products?
For that, HikaShop integrates with jComments a commenting extension for joomla. You can download and install jcomments on your website. Then, in the configuration of HikaShop, under the tab display you have an option to activate jComments on the product page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #6174 by lagourmandise
Wow, thanks for being so fast!! really appreciate the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #6337 by edgecrafter
Nice - did I miss that info somewhere in the helpfiles ?

If not, I suggest adding this feature to the documentation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #6338 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Reviews on products?
The option of the configuration is documented there: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...hikashop-config.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #6340 by edgecrafter
Damn, obviously missed that in my reading !

Note; I've had support roles before - it tends to be a good practice to point to the docs .... training users to look at the documentation were available

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #6427 by lagourmandise
I am having a little confusion, I read the documentation and it simply said to install(and enabled) the jcomments module and then go into the hikashop config-> display. Unfortunately for me the option to use jcomments or jomcomment are still disabled.

I am using the latest version of hika : 1.4.4
and the latest version of jcomments: 2.5.6 for Joomla 1.5.x

I am probably missing a step, Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #6431 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Reviews on products?
Do you have jComments published ?

Do you have the file components/com_jcomments/jcomments.php ?

The latest version of jComments is the version 2.2.0.2 which is the one we're using on our end. I see that the "latest comments" module of jComments has the version number 2.5.6. Are you sure that you installed the jcomments component and not the jcomments latest comments module ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #6443 by edgecrafter
nicolas wrote:

Do you have jComments published ?

Do you have the file components/com_jcomments/jcomments.php ?

The latest version of jComments is the version 2.2.0.2 which is the one we're using on our end. I see that the "latest comments" module of jComments has the version number 2.5.6. Are you sure that you installed the jcomments component and not the jcomments latest comments module ?


I did that mistake initially, installed lastest comment module and wondered why it did not work :S

Works perfectly on 1.4.4, with install of correct comment package ver 2.2.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #6511 by lagourmandise
Yup that was my mistake installed the module instead of the component, oops.

Thanks for the help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum