- Posts: 100
- Thank you received: 1
Order Confirmation Email and HikaSerial
- paddyrolls
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 1 month ago #61990
by paddyrolls
Order Confirmation Email and HikaSerial was created by paddyrolls
Hi
I am using Hikashop 1.5.8 and HikaSerial 1.3.1. I have also installed the plugin "Attach Invoice to the order confirmation e-mail" 1.0.0
I have come across two issues with my testing:
1.During the checkout process, I have used a discount to allow the cart total to equal $0.00. When the order confirmation email is sent to the customer, the invoice is not attached to the order confirmation email.
2 I have linked a product to a serial pack. When I go into the back end and change the status of the order from cancelled to confirmed, and I choose to send the confirmation email to the customer. I can see the product is assigned a Serial number but this number is not being sent with the confirmation email.
Is there something else I am missing.
Thanks
Patrick
I am using Hikashop 1.5.8 and HikaSerial 1.3.1. I have also installed the plugin "Attach Invoice to the order confirmation e-mail" 1.0.0
I have come across two issues with my testing:
1.During the checkout process, I have used a discount to allow the cart total to equal $0.00. When the order confirmation email is sent to the customer, the invoice is not attached to the order confirmation email.
2 I have linked a product to a serial pack. When I go into the back end and change the status of the order from cancelled to confirmed, and I choose to send the confirmation email to the customer. I can see the product is assigned a Serial number but this number is not being sent with the confirmation email.
Is there something else I am missing.
Thanks
Patrick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62028
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Order Confirmation Email and HikaSerial
Hi,
About the second point (HikaSerial), the confirmation email that you can send while changing the status in the backend could not contains serial if the previous status is not compatible.
For HikaSerial, the email content is based on the current order, so if there is not serials attached, it can displayed it.
When you validate the popup, the order status would change and HikaSerial would attach/assign serials.
So, I can recommend you to use "two step".
First : change the order to a compatible status without sending an email - HikaSerial would attach serials.
Second : change the order to the final status with the email - The email content would be right.
About the first point (Attached Invoice), I think that the plugin requires a little update.
I think the plugin would not generate the invoice if the price is zero. Maybe an option would be a good solution.
Regards,
About the second point (HikaSerial), the confirmation email that you can send while changing the status in the backend could not contains serial if the previous status is not compatible.
For HikaSerial, the email content is based on the current order, so if there is not serials attached, it can displayed it.
When you validate the popup, the order status would change and HikaSerial would attach/assign serials.
So, I can recommend you to use "two step".
First : change the order to a compatible status without sending an email - HikaSerial would attach serials.
Second : change the order to the final status with the email - The email content would be right.
About the first point (Attached Invoice), I think that the plugin requires a little update.
I think the plugin would not generate the invoice if the price is zero. Maybe an option would be a good solution.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- paddyrolls
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 100
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 1 month ago #62042
by paddyrolls
Replied by paddyrolls on topic Re: Order Confirmation Email and HikaSerial
HI Jerome
Not too sure what you mean by the statement " Maybe an option would be a good solution." regarding the attached invoice. Is this something I can do?
Thanks
Patrick
Not too sure what you mean by the statement " Maybe an option would be a good solution." regarding the attached invoice. Is this something I can do?
Thanks
Patrick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62112
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Order Confirmation Email and HikaSerial
Hi Patrick,
No, it's something that we need to check and implement in the plugin.
Regards,
No, it's something that we need to check and implement in the plugin.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds