- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Help? I am drowning over here
So I added the categories product category > Free stuff > Wardrobe stock and I actually got a free gown up. To be honest I have no clue how I freakin did it. I've been playing around with lots of settings and I do not know what I did to get it that way.
I have a 3rd party template that i have installed and when I installed the style that I got from here it messed everything up. When I try to change it back to default I have some things missing now. It took me 3 days to get that template to work.
Now on my homepage I have two listings of Free Stuff. One with categories and one without. I have uninstalled joomla like 6 times in the past 3 days. I have deleted my databases too in this time. I do not remember joomla being this hard to run. lols I am at my wits end I have combed this site and youtube trying to learn hikashop. The documentation about hikashop has gave me a headache.
I understand how to create categories and products. I am just stuck on getting them to show up on the front end. I think you have to create a module but its very confusing. Is there a video tutorial that tells you how to setup hikashop to display on the front end? I know there is a tut in the documentation, I have tried to follow it but have come up lost. So, now I am in a panic mode.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
I've sent you a PM.
But the support here is great and I am sure you will get some good responses here. It's really easy once you know which buttons to press.
You need to break down your problems to distinct "how to" questions - your troubles are all a bit wide ranging at the moment.
As I said in the PM - more than happy to look at the site for you.
Tony
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
tony@10uk.net wrote: Hi,
I've sent you a PM.
But the support here is great and I am sure you will get some good responses here. It's really easy once you know which buttons to press.
You need to break down your problems to distinct "how to" questions - your troubles are all a bit wide ranging at the moment.
As I said in the PM - more than happy to look at the site for you.
Tony
Hello Tony
Thanks for replying. I sent you a PM back. I guess the first thing is what do you do after you have configured hikashop? Create categories?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am a newby in Hikashop. I have the same problem. What i want is this. A website, see www.kreidlerklaas.nl . On the menu line a button that goes to a seperated webshop. I like the style from the demoshop from Hikashop. Is this possible? Can you tell my how to do that ?
Kindly regards,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
To have a separate webshop is very common. You often see sites that link to "the shop".
So set up a new page called Shop from your main site, and on that page you configure all the menus and modules for your shop. Just use Joomlas features as to what appears and does not - that's so easy. You suggest you want an entirely new template for your shop but keep it under your main domain name. Joomla is great! Hikashop is too!
For the styling, you need to ask the Hikashop guys whether you can take their style. I have no idea if they developed a template from the ground up, or bought a template. It would be very wrong to simply take the style without understanding the copyright. I'm not a fan of templates; I like artisteer where you can create something unique, but that has limitations too and needs post work.
If you really like the demo site, send Nicholas a PM and see what he says. Presentation is very different from content.
Tony
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That are answers!
Is it also possible to install a second joomla with only Hikashop modules etc?
On the original site a link to the other.How i send a PM and how can i reach Nocholas?
Thanks for your great help.
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
If Nicolas hasn't noticed this thread, send him a PM (top right of screen) with to address of "Nicolas" re the template.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can freely use the template on our demo website. It's a custom made template that we made ourselves for the demo website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 127
- Thank you received: 12
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Regards,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Where can I download de files for de demo template. I want to pay for it if you want.
Regards
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We can provide that to you if you have the Business edition. In that case, just use our contact form to request it and we'll get back to you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I bought the business edtion and i have the demo pack now.
How can i integrate this style or template in the joomla website www.kreidlerklaas.nl . I like the shop as it is in the demo-pack. So what i want is this. Keep the website as it is. Add a button into the menu like webshop. When i click on that it goes to de hikashop with a different template as in the demo-pack. Via CSS i like to change some colors but the shop is great to me.
How can i build it into my website?
Kindly regards,
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You could put the demo package in a sub folder of your website.
Then, add a menu item of the type external link in order to go to the sub folder website from your main website.
You could also copy the template in the demo website in your website, but your template is quite customized and the demo website template too so you won't be able to do that if you're not a coder.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.