- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Override not working in languages
14 years 2 weeks ago #65586
by kooky
Override not working in languages was created by kooky
Hi,
I started translating a few strings in languages and then I tried to put the file in the bottom field (override) in order to apply the changes. I also shared the changes with your software department. But as I can see the override does not work. It does not recognise the changes and it the frontend it shows the main title fow each field. I mean it shows HIKASHOP_LISTING_COMMENT or HIKASHOP_NO_COMMENT_YET although I translated it. I used notepad++ to make the changes.
What should I do in order to recongize all the work I've done?
If I load the latest version in shows me everything correct but in english. When I put the new strings in override it does nothing. Still in English. If I put the strings with my changes in the main field it gives me the titles I mentioned above. :huh: :dry:
I started translating a few strings in languages and then I tried to put the file in the bottom field (override) in order to apply the changes. I also shared the changes with your software department. But as I can see the override does not work. It does not recognise the changes and it the frontend it shows the main title fow each field. I mean it shows HIKASHOP_LISTING_COMMENT or HIKASHOP_NO_COMMENT_YET although I translated it. I used notepad++ to make the changes.
What should I do in order to recongize all the work I've done?
If I load the latest version in shows me everything correct but in english. When I put the new strings in override it does nothing. Still in English. If I put the strings with my changes in the main field it gives me the titles I mentioned above. :huh: :dry:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 weeks ago #65590
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Override not working in languages
Hi,
If you see the translation keys instead of the translations, it means that joomla was not able to parse the language file by of some error you made in it.
You should turn on the debug language option of the joomla configuration and it will show you at the bottom of the pages the lines where you have an error.
If you see the translation keys instead of the translations, it means that joomla was not able to parse the language file by of some error you made in it.
You should turn on the debug language option of the joomla configuration and it will show you at the bottom of the pages the lines where you have an error.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds