- Posts: 254
- Thank you received: 2
Cannot get rid of comments
14 years 5 days ago #67306
by bigfoot
Cannot get rid of comments was created by bigfoot
I would like to make the comments not display on my product pages - I have selected "no comments" but it does not go away. Also, do you have any experience with "Disqus" comments? I am trying to put that on my site and it does not show up in hikashop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 5 days ago - 14 years 5 days ago #67312
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Cannot get rid of comments
Hi bigfoot,
In HikaShop > Configuration > Vote, you can choose the option "Nothing" for "Choose which module you want to enable", or no for "Display vote in products page".
Disqus is not compatible with HikaShop, you can use Jcomments or JomComments which are compatible.
In HikaShop > Configuration > Vote, you can choose the option "Nothing" for "Choose which module you want to enable", or no for "Display vote in products page".
Disqus is not compatible with HikaShop, you can use Jcomments or JomComments which are compatible.
Last edit: 14 years 5 days ago by Xavier.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 day ago #67870
by zumbador
Replied by zumbador on topic Re: Cannot get rid of comments
Same problem. Cannot turn off comments. Everything is set to no.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 day ago #67945
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Cannot get rid of comments
Can you do a screenshot of the vote tab of the configuration and give a link to your product page ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 22 hours ago #67969
by bigfoot
Replied by bigfoot on topic Re: Cannot get rid of comments
This is a reply to comments - I had problem turning it off & it was because I did not have the "vote" turned off (only the comments)
Regarding "Disqus" - as you said it is not directly compatible with joomla----But you can put it in a module and have the module appear whenever hika products appear. I am still working on it but it seems to work great. I like it because I have the login turned off in my hikashop store and regular comments programs will not work - Disqus does.
Regarding "Disqus" - as you said it is not directly compatible with joomla----But you can put it in a module and have the module appear whenever hika products appear. I am still working on it but it seems to work great. I like it because I have the login turned off in my hikashop store and regular comments programs will not work - Disqus does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93715
by neilw
Replied by neilw on topic Cannot get rid of comments
I would also like to try turning off votes and comments for a while on our client's site. However, in the new version of H/S, there no longer is a Vote & Comments tab in the config. Under the Features tab, the Vote & Comment section does not have a button or selection to turn on/off votes and comments. So how do we turn it off or on now? Am I overlooking something simple?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93766
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Cannot get rid of comments
The option is still in the configuration, in the Vote & comment section of the Features tab.
It's called "Choose which module you want to enable" and you need to set it to "nothing".
It's called "Choose which module you want to enable" and you need to set it to "nothing".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93772
by neilw
Replied by neilw on topic Cannot get rid of comments
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93779
by neilw
Replied by neilw on topic Cannot get rid of comments
I just upgraded another test site to 2.1 and there is no drop-down for selecting votes and comments now on that site as well. Something wrong in the upgrade process?
I also just looked at your demo site, and I cannot see it there either.
I also just looked at your demo site, and I cannot see it there either.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93823
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Cannot get rid of comments
Hi,
It has been corrected on our end, the dropdown can be shown only if the option "Display vote in product page" is enabled.
So actually you have to enable this option, change the value in the dropdown and disable the previous option.
In the next release the dropdown will always be shown.
It has been corrected on our end, the dropdown can be shown only if the option "Display vote in product page" is enabled.
So actually you have to enable this option, change the value in the dropdown and disable the previous option.
In the next release the dropdown will always be shown.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108273
by vmrayner
Replied by vmrayner on topic Cannot get rid of comments
Hello
I am having the same problem. I have V
I cannot disable these tabs. Copies of config and front end attached.
www.vmrdesigns.com.au/test/SRL_design3/i...4-l-angustiflora-bee
Can you please advise what I need to do to get rid of these tabs?
Thanks
Viv
I am having the same problem. I have V
I cannot disable these tabs. Copies of config and front end attached.
www.vmrdesigns.com.au/test/SRL_design3/i...4-l-angustiflora-bee
Can you please advise what I need to do to get rid of these tabs?
Thanks
Viv
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108406
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Cannot get rid of comments
Hi,
Thanks to update your version of HikaShop
Thanks to update your version of HikaShop
The following user(s) said Thank You: vmrayner
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds