- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 0
category thumbnail not displayed
14 years 21 hours ago #67858
by handsun
category thumbnail not displayed was created by handsun
Hello, First of all I really do appreciate your very hard work to help us all get the details on this great plugin. I have added a new category (Also upgraded the plugin) and I can't figure out why the thumbnail is not getting generated, the missing thumbnail is on
atv-utv-accessories.com/brands/atv-utv/23-xuv
The thumbnail next to it is found at atv-utv-accessories.com/media/com_hikash...x799/1_630201924.jpg
But the new category is generating a thumbnail url in a different folder different url, atv-utv-accessories.com/media/com_hikash...full-windshield1.jpg and there is no thumbnail in that folder, I do have thumbnails turned on in Files/Images. The Product thumbnails came in just fine as you can see if you click through.
The thumbnail next to it is found at atv-utv-accessories.com/media/com_hikash...x799/1_630201924.jpg
But the new category is generating a thumbnail url in a different folder different url, atv-utv-accessories.com/media/com_hikash...full-windshield1.jpg and there is no thumbnail in that folder, I do have thumbnails turned on in Files/Images. The Product thumbnails came in just fine as you can see if you click through.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 hours ago #67940
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: category thumbnail not displayed
Hi,
If you look via FTP to the folder of the thumbnail, do you see it ?
Did it happened since you updated ? If so, could you try to download again the install package on our website and install it again ?
If you look via FTP to the folder of the thumbnail, do you see it ?
Did it happened since you updated ? If so, could you try to download again the install package on our website and install it again ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #68107
by handsun
Replied by handsun on topic Re: category thumbnail not displayed
I downloaded and updated again, it did not change the thumbnail, the path is there, but the images is not in that thumbnail folder, perhaps some settings got changed with the update about creating thumbnails. The thumbnails in the images next to it are in a different folder when I created the category I uploaded the image in the category section. I even changed (shortened the name and reuploaded, no change). So I just created a thumbnail manually and uploaded it for now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #68342
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: category thumbnail not displayed
It's probably a problem of access rights on the folders which doesn't allow HikaShop to save the thumbnail in the new path (we changed the system for the last release).
I would recommend to change the rights of the folder media/com_hikashop/upload and its subfolders to 777 via FTP.
I would recommend to change the rights of the folder media/com_hikashop/upload and its subfolders to 777 via FTP.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds