- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Geolocation Plugin Questions
- TerianSilva
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 11 months ago #68386
by TerianSilva
Geolocation Plugin Questions was created by TerianSilva
Hi,
I intend to use the geolocation plugin. It is already enabled and key is setup. I have products with two prices. € and danish crown. Now I want the plugin to switch the currency based on my location. I enabled this feature in the geolocation plugin settings. My ip is located in germany. So for testing purposes I changed the currency of germany country zone from euro to danish crown. However, the prices do not change at all.
As far as I understand things, it should now display danish crown as I switched the currency for germany to dkk?
Am I missing something? Or is it probably a cache issue?
Thanks for help!
Marcus
I intend to use the geolocation plugin. It is already enabled and key is setup. I have products with two prices. € and danish crown. Now I want the plugin to switch the currency based on my location. I enabled this feature in the geolocation plugin settings. My ip is located in germany. So for testing purposes I changed the currency of germany country zone from euro to danish crown. However, the prices do not change at all.
As far as I understand things, it should now display danish crown as I switched the currency for germany to dkk?
Am I missing something? Or is it probably a cache issue?
Thanks for help!
Marcus
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #68682
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Geolocation Plugin Questions
Hi,
That's indeed a cache issue.
The geolocation service has a limit of calls per day that you should not go over. If we were doing it on each pages, you would go over it quite rapidly once you would have some traffic on your website. And you would have to take a premium account on the geolocation system.
We do the geolocation only on the first page displayed to the user and then store the information in the PHP user session. That way, you won't hit the limit unless you have a really popular website.
But in order to see the change you made to your configuration, you will have to reset your PHP user session. The simplest is to try with another browser and potentially clear the cookies in that browser for your website. You can also use anonymous proxies to simulate you being in another country:
For example: proxy.org/cgi_proxies.shtml
That's indeed a cache issue.
The geolocation service has a limit of calls per day that you should not go over. If we were doing it on each pages, you would go over it quite rapidly once you would have some traffic on your website. And you would have to take a premium account on the geolocation system.
We do the geolocation only on the first page displayed to the user and then store the information in the PHP user session. That way, you won't hit the limit unless you have a really popular website.
But in order to see the change you made to your configuration, you will have to reset your PHP user session. The simplest is to try with another browser and potentially clear the cookies in that browser for your website. You can also use anonymous proxies to simulate you being in another country:
For example: proxy.org/cgi_proxies.shtml
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TerianSilva
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 11 months ago #68709
by TerianSilva
Replied by TerianSilva on topic Re: Geolocation Plugin Questions
Nope, I tried it from various pcs and even in germany and on a system located in denmark but no success. Prices are always in Euro. Even in denmark. My products have two prices, euro and danish crown. But the shop only uses the main currency. If I switch the main currency to danish crown, it is also the displayed currency in germany.
What am I doing wrong here?
What am I doing wrong here?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #68843
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Geolocation Plugin Questions
Can you give a link to your shop so that we can see that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TerianSilva
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #68846
by TerianSilva
Replied by TerianSilva on topic Re: Geolocation Plugin Questions
Sure, it is
www.raceled.com
Default currency is set to Danish crown.
Here is a direct link to a product: www.raceled.com/en/shop/category/12-race-led
In case you want to have backend access, write me a pm.
thanks,
marcus
Default currency is set to Danish crown.
Here is a direct link to a product: www.raceled.com/en/shop/category/12-race-led
In case you want to have backend access, write me a pm.
thanks,
marcus
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by TerianSilva.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #68957
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Geolocation Plugin Questions
It must be a setup problem on your end. I trying with various proxies and the currency is always the same.
I won't be able to say much more without looking at the settings. So either provide a backend access or provide screenshots of your settings.
I won't be able to say much more without looking at the settings. So either provide a backend access or provide screenshots of your settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TerianSilva
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 11 months ago #69195
by TerianSilva
Replied by TerianSilva on topic Re: Geolocation Plugin Questions
Hi Nicolas,
I sent you a private message regarding backend access.
Regards,
Marcus
I sent you a private message regarding backend access.
Regards,
Marcus
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #69363
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Geolocation Plugin Questions
Hi,
The geolocation plugin was not published. I published it and then tested the currency initialization based on geolocation and it worked fine for me on your website.
The geolocation plugin was not published. I published it and then tested the currency initialization based on geolocation and it worked fine for me on your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds