- Posts: 293
- Thank you received: 9
[SOLVED] Add ORDER NUMBER to the Subject Line
While it is good, the whole concept of conversation and email THREADS is based on the SUBJECT LINE of the email.
HikaShop sends the email "A new order has been created on your website" but there isn't any ORDER NUMBER in that subject line.
SO -- Gmail threads ALL of our orders together in one huge thread.
It makes it very difficult to look at the latest order received, have a conversation with the purchaser, etc.
Would it be possible to add the ORDER NUMBER to the Subject Line of that first 'A new order...' email?
The order number appears in the Payment Received emails subject line...
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As it's explained in this topic , you have to replace the following lines in administrator/component/com_hikashop/class/order.php
by these lines:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I used the other code explained in that topic and it works terrific!
Might suggest that this become an option in the configuration as it is quite helpful.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
To change the sender email you can use the code:
<?php $mails->sender = $data->cart->customer->email; ?>
At the end of the mail.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
To change the sender email you can use the code:
<?php $mail->sender = $data->cart->customer->email; ?>
At the end of the mail.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have put that at the end of the email and it doesn't change. When you say at the end, do you mean the very last line?
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yours
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The From is indeed not the user email but the Reply-To is. Which means that if you click on reply on the order admin email, you will send the reply to the user email address automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you but I find it annoying when looking down a list of e-mails not to see the customers name but only Draganfly Motorcycles.
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm using HS Business 2.3.2.
I've made the change to the /administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/order.php file as indicated here in this thread.
Here is the code that I inserted:
However, when the emails are sent, the subject line is being sent like this:
New order No. 03390 created on HIKASHOP_LIVE
I have added 'HIKASHOP_LIVE' to the lanugage overrides area of Joomla, but it isn't being 'translated' (although 'NEW_ORDER_SUBJECT' IS).
Any ideas why this isn't working?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The current language string for NEW_ORDER_SUBJECT is "New order N0. %s created on %s"
I've removed the quotes around 'HIKASHOP_LIVE'.
(I saw a mention of quote missing earlier in this thread and though that 'hikashop_live' was a language string to be handled by JText) Hopefully this will help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So the working version of the code should be:
However, that HIKASHOP_LIVE variable inserts the URL to the site.
Anybody know if there is a way (a different variable) to insert the 'Name' of the site (instead of the URL)?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HIKASHOP_LIVE is the url to the live site ; if you want to display something else you should put something else in the code.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks, but that doesn't answer my question - WHAT variable can I use for the 'name' of the site?
Or better yet, is there a doc somewhere that lists any variables that are specific to Hikashop that could be used here (or other places of HS/Joomla)?
I'm guessing that I could just use standard Joomla variables/resources here, but I could have done that instead of 'HIKASHOP_LIVE'.
So what other variables like this (specific to HS) are also available?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HikaShop does not have any variable for the website name, only for the website URL.
If you want to get the website name, that's a setting of the Joomla configuration, so you can access it with Joomla code:
$conf = JFactory::getConfig();
echo $conf->get('sitename');
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.