Skip to main content

Thoughts on that little Info Hover button?

More
13 years 10 months ago #73080 by SuzyBGood
Howdy,

For one of my menu items I am worried the checkbox won't be too clear but don't want to write anything too long winded.. is there a trick to doing a little info (i) button beside the custom field name so that when we hover over it we can have a little bit on info on what it means?

THANKS!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #73237 by nicolas
You can install that extension:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di...ments/tooltips/17548
Then, just add the tooltip tag in the name of the custom field.
However, as you are limited in the number of characters of the name, you should add a translation override for it.
So for example, if the field is called "info", you should add something like that in your translation override in the Language tab of the configuration:
INFO="info {tooltip tag info...}"
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuzyBGood

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #158260 by PeterP
I'm new owner of HikaShop and I trying to customize my Product listing page.
I had many needs , one of this is: how I can add Tooltip on hover over custom field data in product_listing.php ?
Now I add Text before, but doesn't look good.
I mean product_genre field.
here is my code.
Code:
<span class="hikashop_product_name"> <?php if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?> <a href="<?php echo $link;?>"></a> <?php } echo $this->row->product_name; echo "&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp"; echo "Genre: ",$this->row->product_genre; echo "&nbsp&nbsp;&nbsp"; echo $this->row->link_to_video; echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$this->row->audio_sample); if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?> <?php } ?>
Also I can't figure out how I can have product_name with ink_to_product_page only, but rest of custom data stay on unlink and in same row or link to custom category page .
I'm doing testing on :
www.performersheaven.com/index.php?optio...g&Itemid=587&lang=en

Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #158287 by Jerome
Hi,

Maybe something like:
Code:
<?php if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?> <a href="<?php echo $link;?>"> <?php } echo $this->row->product_name; if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)) echo '</a>'; // rest of your code
No ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #158316 by PeterP
I did try before and now double check I change again.
Code:
<td class="hikashop_product_name_row"> <span class="hikashop_product_name"> <?php if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?> <a href="<?php echo $link;?>"> <?php } echo $this->row->product_name; if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)) echo '</a>'; echo "&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp"; echo "Genre: ",$this->row->product_genre; echo "&nbsp&nbsp;&nbsp"; echo $this->row->link_to_video; echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',$this->row->audio_sample); if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?> <?php } ?> </span> <?php if(!empty($this->row->extraData->afterProductName)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->row->extraData->afterProductName); } ?> </td>
but then rest of names is move to next row. :(
www.performersheaven.com/index.php?optio...g&Itemid=587&lang=en

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #158318 by PeterP
I think is something with this:
Code:
<?php if(!empty($this->row->extraData->afterProductName)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->row->extraData->afterProductName); } ?>
need to do some modification :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #158320 by PeterP
Maybe is the way to set extra columns for Custom Fields including Title on top (inside <thead>) ?
That's was be cool fix.
BTW I willing to use some custom field to include in sorting and filtering.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by PeterP. Reason: Add line

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #158328 by PeterP
I think I did it. :)
I add line in listing_table.php
Code:
</th> <th class="link_to_video title" align="center"> <?php echo JText::_( 'VIDEO' );?> </th> <th class="product_genre title" align="center"> <?php echo JText::_( 'GENRE' );?> </th>
and then:
Code:
<?php if ($this->config->get('show_code')){ ?> <td class="link_to_video_row"> <?php if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?> <a href="<?php echo $link;?>"> <?php } echo $this->row->link_to_video; if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?> </a> <?php } ?> </td> <?php } ?> <?php if ($this->config->get('show_code')){ ?> <td class="product_genre_row"> <?php if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?> <a href="<?php echo $link;?>"> <?php } echo $this->row->product_genre; if($this->params->get('link_to_product_page',1)){ ?> </a> <?php } ?> </td> <?php } ?>



Only I need to change <?php if ($this->config->get('show_code')){ ?> for something else or remove.
and I need remove link to product page from link to video (not working, no need it)
and change in Genre to link to my Genre Category.
but I doing little step by step.
Nice to have software with many possibility .
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by PeterP. Reason: add picture

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum