- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
Values in filter options from custom field values
- curtisbollington
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Is it not possible for a filter's values to be automatically populated with the values from those entered for a particular custom field? Rather than having to copy them manually into the 'Values' field in 'Options' in the Filter?
To clarify, if I create a custom field for 'oil capacity (cc)', then create 6 products with various values for this (say 15,25,50,65,71,82), why are these values not automatically populated when I create a filter in a product category for 'oil capacity' using that custom field? It seems I have to go to each product in turn, and copy these into Values within Options on the filter admin.
If it can be done automatically, please let me know how.
Thanks
Curtis
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's already possible, when you create a custom field in the table "Product" with values, then you can create a filter on this custom field, don't fill the value for the filter.
And when the filter is displayed on the front page, you have the custom field values.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- curtisbollington
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
I tried using the 'cursor' option, which seemed to work fine, but I couldn't get it to display neatly. I used five cursors, and had no problem setting the values, etc, but the only the top two had anything like the correct vertical spacing, the bottom three overlapped the labels, and ran out of the 'filter' box. I tried various options in the filter items menu, and configuration display menu, but nothing seemed to make a difference. It's a shame, because I like the 'cursor' option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the link given, I don't see any filters.
For the cursors, have you set the same "Number of columns" for each cursors in the filters options ? Then, I think you can correct the problem with some css customizations.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- curtisbollington
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
www.hydraulic-products.co.uk/index.php/h...gle-acting-cylinders
Regards,
Curtis
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- curtisbollington
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In you custom field configuation, you must have another Field type to set values if you want these values in your filter.
For example a custom field with the type "Single Dropdown" and add values.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- curtisbollington
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
Is the following not correct the: In the filter configuration, say for 'Stroke (mm)' (- the one I sent the screen image for):
- In 'Main Information', I set 'Type' to 'Single Dropdown', because I want the user to select from values already entered for products in this custom field
- In 'Options', I select 'Apply on:' 'Custom fields', because I want to select which custom field I want those values to come from, in this case 'stroke (mm).
Or am I completely wrong? (In which case I apologise for my stupidity).
Best regards,
Curtis
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
On your screenshot, we can clearly see that it's not the case and that you selected there the custom field "cylinder capacity -ton".
Change it to the custom field you want and that should be ok.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- curtisbollington
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
Thanks again.
Curtis
the url for the catalogue display for this is: www.hydraulic-products.co.uk/index.php/h...gle-acting-cylinders
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
To have the default value in the filter, you must have the Custom Field with the type "Single Dropdown" or "Multiple Dropdown" with values for this custom field.
Else it will no work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- curtisbollington
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 1
First of all, am I right in thinking that it is not possible to set up a filter to be automatically populated with the data entered in a particular custom field for each product? For example. I have a custom field 'cylinder capacity - ton (kN)' for which I have already entered values in the 'Products' menu, if in the Filter for 'Cylinder capacity - ton (kN)' I select: Apply on 'Custom fields', then select for 'Custom fields' 'cylinder capacity - ton (kN), it will not automatically populate the filter with the values entered in that field for each product?
Secondly, I've attached a couple of screen grabs, so that you can see where I might be going wrong. I've selected 'single dropdown' in Field Type, and entered a selection of values, as you'll see. These values do display when I click on 'Cylinder capacity - ton (kN)' on the page (which is linked from here) , but I still can't seem to make it work.
Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Best regards,
Curtis
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The problem with your first filter is that the second filter has the same namekey for some reason. Please delete and recreate the second filter so that it has another namekey than the first one and it will work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.