- Posts: 103
- Thank you received: 0
Setting Default Value to BLANK (to force choice)
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #75807
by SuzyBGood
Setting Default Value to BLANK (to force choice) was created by SuzyBGood
Hi Guys,
Is there a way to write Please Select in the custom field title/value (so customers choose from a drop down list) and make it mandatory that they select one of the OTHER options without writing any complex code? Know what I mean? I don't want box to read PLEASE SELECT but of course the mandatory setting is assuming since it says that that that bit is filled.. I'd like them forced to choose something ELSE!
I've edited this because really I can write the Please Select outside but I still can't just set the DEFAULT VALUE to NULL? It won't let me?! but the field is mandatory which never eventuates because there is a default value so its never empty?!
I've seen this on other posts (mainly for zone) and it says that we can do it but not how..
THANKS!
Susan
Is there a way to write Please Select in the custom field title/value (so customers choose from a drop down list) and make it mandatory that they select one of the OTHER options without writing any complex code? Know what I mean? I don't want box to read PLEASE SELECT but of course the mandatory setting is assuming since it says that that that bit is filled.. I'd like them forced to choose something ELSE!
I've edited this because really I can write the Please Select outside but I still can't just set the DEFAULT VALUE to NULL? It won't let me?! but the field is mandatory which never eventuates because there is a default value so its never empty?!
I've seen this on other posts (mainly for zone) and it says that we can do it but not how..
THANKS!
Susan
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by SuzyBGood.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #75942
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Setting Default Value to BLANK (to force choice)
Hi,
Yes it's possible, you have to create your custom field, set it to required, add a value "Please select" and disable this value.
Yes it's possible, you have to create your custom field, set it to required, add a value "Please select" and disable this value.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuzyBGood
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds