- Posts: 103
- Thank you received: 0
Categories no longer appearing...
13 years 10 months ago #78144
by SuzyBGood
Categories no longer appearing... was created by SuzyBGood
Hey Guys,
1) I had a couple of categories listed in Hikashop under Root.. nothing tricky. When I go to Hikashop Category, it appears empty?!? The Database shows there are a couple of categories.
2) When I go to some of the products, on the RHS they have a category listed?!
3) When I created a NEW product, when I went and looked at it later, it had a category assigned to it (I hadn't added??)
4) On the main product page of listing of the products, the Root/ dropdown does have ONE of the categories. EVEN though when I go to the main Category area, it is showing I have no categories listed (as in #1).
Thoughts? What am I missing?
Cheers,
Suz
1) I had a couple of categories listed in Hikashop under Root.. nothing tricky. When I go to Hikashop Category, it appears empty?!? The Database shows there are a couple of categories.
2) When I go to some of the products, on the RHS they have a category listed?!
3) When I created a NEW product, when I went and looked at it later, it had a category assigned to it (I hadn't added??)
4) On the main product page of listing of the products, the Root/ dropdown does have ONE of the categories. EVEN though when I go to the main Category area, it is showing I have no categories listed (as in #1).
Thoughts? What am I missing?
Cheers,
Suz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #78182
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Categories no longer appearing...
Hi Suz,
What did you do recently ? Do you have imported products / categories by csv ?
When you create a new product, the default parent category is assigned to it, that's normal.
What did you do recently ? Do you have imported products / categories by csv ?
When you create a new product, the default parent category is assigned to it, that's normal.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #78352
by SuzyBGood
Replied by SuzyBGood on topic Categories no longer appearing...
Hi Xavier,
Thank you for looking at this. I have taken some screen shots. I have added all the products by hand (no .csv file) we only have a few products at this stage (wrapping paper) and have recently added some ribbon we thought we'd make some categories as these grow.. so we'd have
root/wrapping paper
root/ribbon
as categories.. pretty simple right?
When I create a new product automagically it does add wrapping paper as a category (which is by design as you have said above) but note there is nothing in the categories Hikashop menu area. I have attached some screen shots and the hikashop_category DB summary for you to see.
Cheers,
Suz
Thank you for looking at this. I have taken some screen shots. I have added all the products by hand (no .csv file) we only have a few products at this stage (wrapping paper) and have recently added some ribbon we thought we'd make some categories as these grow.. so we'd have
root/wrapping paper
root/ribbon
as categories.. pretty simple right?
When I create a new product automagically it does add wrapping paper as a category (which is by design as you have said above) but note there is nothing in the categories Hikashop menu area. I have attached some screen shots and the hikashop_category DB summary for you to see.
Cheers,
Suz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #78372
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Categories no longer appearing...
Hi,
Here the right values for the main product category.
Regards,
Here the right values for the main product category.
Code:
category_id : 2
category_parent_id : 1
category_type : 'product'
category_name : 'product category'
category_description : ''
category_published : 1
category_ordering : 1
category_left : 2
category_right : 11
category_depth : 1
category_namekey : 'product'
category_created : 0
category_modified : 0
category_access : 'all'
category_menu : 0
category_keywords : ''
category_meta_description : ''
category_layout : ''
category_page_title : ''
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds