- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
Menu ordering of products doesn't mirror Gallery
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 9 months ago #80930
by artisanwebandprint
Hi Nicolas,
Unfortunately I have a very difficult client for this site and I apologize for continuing to beat on this subject. Here's the original post: www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...w-with-products.html
website: king.artisanwebandprint.com
I have now removed all second category assignments from every photograph to eliminate any problems in the previous / next gallery view. Now, the gallery China shows the exact images in the exact order of the menu page for China. However, Canada shows the images out of order in the gallery (starting image: king.artisanwebandprint.com/photography-...s/135-barn-joinery-2 ) from what you see on the menu page ( king.artisanwebandprint.com/photography-portfolio/canada ). So if you put them side by side, the sequencing is not the same.
I have gone into the menu hikashop options and set the Canada to exactly the same options as China. I have gone into the category "edit" screen and set the layout to exactly the same as the parameters in China. I have cleared the cache and prayed to the heavens.
It's still out of order. I realize this is a silly request, but the client won't budge on it. Any insight would be helpful.
Thanks,
Dawn
Unfortunately I have a very difficult client for this site and I apologize for continuing to beat on this subject. Here's the original post: www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...w-with-products.html
website: king.artisanwebandprint.com
I have now removed all second category assignments from every photograph to eliminate any problems in the previous / next gallery view. Now, the gallery China shows the exact images in the exact order of the menu page for China. However, Canada shows the images out of order in the gallery (starting image: king.artisanwebandprint.com/photography-...s/135-barn-joinery-2 ) from what you see on the menu page ( king.artisanwebandprint.com/photography-portfolio/canada ). So if you put them side by side, the sequencing is not the same.
I have gone into the menu hikashop options and set the Canada to exactly the same options as China. I have gone into the category "edit" screen and set the layout to exactly the same as the parameters in China. I have cleared the cache and prayed to the heavens.
Thanks,
Dawn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #81076
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Menu ordering of products doesn't mirror Gallery
Hi,
The order for the products next/previous is taken on the ordering column of the products listing of your backend.
Please check that it is the same between the listing in the backend and the next/previous.
Then you have two choices:
either you change the ordering to match the order of the products in the listing display of the frontend
or you change the ordering column of the listing of the frontend so that it uses the ordering column
The order for the products next/previous is taken on the ordering column of the products listing of your backend.
Please check that it is the same between the listing in the backend and the next/previous.
Then you have two choices:
either you change the ordering to match the order of the products in the listing display of the frontend
or you change the ordering column of the listing of the frontend so that it uses the ordering column
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
13 years 9 months ago #81700
by artisanwebandprint
Replied by artisanwebandprint on topic Menu ordering of products doesn't mirror Gallery
Hi Nicolas,
Ah, very simple! Thank you. I found that in 2 of the 7 product folders the products all had the name Order Number which was probably causing a priority issue for the previous/next feature. I have now given each product a unique number sequentially and the previous/next feature advances in the same order as the product are ordered on the menu page.
Thanks so much!
Dawn
Ah, very simple! Thank you. I found that in 2 of the 7 product folders the products all had the name Order Number which was probably causing a priority issue for the previous/next feature. I have now given each product a unique number sequentially and the previous/next feature advances in the same order as the product are ordered on the menu page.
Thanks so much!
Dawn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds