Skip to main content

no picture on products in second language

More
13 years 9 months ago #81279 by vincent_scouman
Hello,

I have a webstore in french with all my products, separated in categories, sub-categories, ...
The website is translated in english, I'm using Multilangues CK for the translation.

Everything displays nicely, the content in French, in English, the prices, ...
except the pictures of the products in English.
They come up nicely in French but not in English.

I did some searches but didn't find any solution on this.

Thank you for your help or your idea if you have some!

VS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #81344 by Xavier
Hi,

The images should be present ,because I don't think that the path change from a language to another one.
I don't really know how it's working with Multilangue CK, we usually use JoomFish or FaLang.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #81408 by vincent_scouman
Thank you for your reply.

I don't think the Multilanguage CK is the cause. It was more to explain how the website was built.
The pictures are present, as they show up in the french version.

But I just realized I didn't give really all the explanations. The pictures of the products don't show up in the "Categroy mode" (english version): when you browse the store by categories. Once I clik on one product, I see the picture and all the details.
That's also why I don't think the translation is the problem.

But I still don't know why the pictures don't come up...

Thanks anyway!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #81576 by Xavier
Could you give us a link to your website ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #82329 by vincent_scouman
The website in under maintenance right now.
I'm waiting to fix this issue to launch it...

Maybe I can send you an account by private message?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #82391 by Xavier
Yes you can give it to us via pm.
Don't forget to put a link to this topic. :)
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Xavier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #82400 by vincent_scouman
Thank you, the link and account were sent by pm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #82537 by Xavier
Hi,

As I can see, you are not using the same listing in both languages.
In french you have "image - price - name - add to cart" and in english you have "name - price - size - add to cart".

That's why you don't have the pictures in english, set the same display in both cases.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #82540 by vincent_scouman
Hi,

Thank you for your time.

Where can you see this? in the display configuration of hikashop?

How can you see the difference between the two languages? Is it by switching the admin language in one and the other?

Thank you for your help!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #82552 by vincent_scouman
Alright!
I found what you mean.

I was always looking at "Display" under "System" - "Configuration"
and I forgot to check the tab "Display". And the "Content Menus" options.

There were the modules for my main menu bar, the one in french and the one in english.

By using the main menu on the website, the options of display were the ones from this module (Display tab, Content menus) and not the main display options (System - Configuration - Display)
Whereas when I was using another menu (category list), the pictures were displaying fine.

Thank you for your help, Xavier!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum